Axe-FX frying PC monitors??

Wolfenstein98k

Power User
Hi all, strange question...

I don't think this is a "bug" or anything like that so I posted here...
Long story short, I had a great monitor (screen) for four years, and recently chucked my AF2 on my PC desk, monitor right behind it. One day it made a "cracking" sound, and died. "No biggy", I thought, and grabbed an old one.

Now that one has just died. Same placement, same death (what seems like total pixel death into a white screen). Now I don't really want to test a third monitor, and a brief test with my HDTV told me it's not my graphics card.

So, any ideas? Any similar experiences?? Any thoughts on possible electromagnetic interference or anything like that? It's suspect that both reliable monitors fried within days of touching my AF2, is all.

I'll be buying a new monitor, and keeping some distance methinks... I'd love Cliff to chime in if he sees this. I don't really think the AF2 could do something like that.

I actually own a PC monitor company under an assumed name. Built into each Axe-Fx is a small transmitter that sends out a carefully chosen signal that causes computer monitors to self-destruct. Only the monitors we manufacture are immune.

I also have plans for world domination which you will soon learn about, bwahahaha.

You know..... ever since I got my first AxeFx years ago, I've noticed this certain witch gives me "the look" and stays clear of me
I've always kinda known she was a witch, and everyone says she's an evil witch (which I don't dispute)
She use to be nice to me! and now she won't give me the time of day!!
The government makes damn sure I pay her child support, so she should be happy to see me, but now I'm the one who's happy!

So WTF gives?
....now I know!
It was the AxeFx!!!!!

Thank you Cliff!!! :lol

I had my suspicions right away.
The glowing LEDs were kinda of a dead give away.
Since when do LED's glow like that?
Nah, this thing has Quasio-voodoo-Phonic Radio Activity MOJO that drives witches away

I knew it, I knew it...

To think I originally thought it was "I" who was the gifted one :mrgreen

I actually own a PC monitor company under an assumed name. Built into each Axe-Fx is a small transmitter that sends out a carefully chosen signal that causes computer monitors to self-destruct. Only the monitors we manufacture are immune.

I also have plans for world domination which you will soon learn about, bwahahaha.

:lol:lol:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I also like the small transmitter in the Axe-Fx, makes me smiling, when i turn the unit on and play the first chord ...

It really doesn't matter because I'm still going to destroy every city on the planet with hot molten magma.

I knew it!!!:devilish:

This poor guy didn't even get one non-sarcastic answer....lol.

I think the consensus is 'no', the Axe would not cause this.

Would suggest looking for other common denominators (Power source, Surge Protection, Graphics Card (which you already mentioned you think is ok)).

For what it's worth, when at home I keep my Axe right next to my monitor....haven't blown one yet
(of course, I've never been that desperate for money....wait, what?!)

I think the consensus is 'no', the Axe would not cause this.

CowboyNo.gif

Last edited:
What about the (HDMI?) monitor connection cable? Was it changed too when you swapped out the first monitor that failed and the second one that failed?

You need to back off on the input drive a little (only on certain AMP blocks) and make sure none of the other blocks are clipping. I learned this the hard way also after I blew up my clock-radio, refrigerator, computer, and cell phone charger. Life goes on….

Pretty much a newbie here and still waiting for my XL email, but have been spending a sh*t ton of time reading these boards and the wiki page. One thing I have to say is in addition to building an outstanding unit, Cliff is also quite the witty one! It speaks volumes to see the interaction between Cliff, the pro techs, and everyone else here.

Since getting my Axe-FX II Mk-I, every time a hit a B Flat my lights flicker and then my garage door opens. Does cliff also have a garage door opener company held under and assumed name, "FRACDOOR II XL"
:pride:

Back
Top Bottom