Axe-Fx Firmware Version 8.00

Installed and had a quick play. Hard to tell whether I'm hearing anything new/different since I'm playing FRFR at low volume (and coming from 7.0) but will check it out at rehearsal tomorrow. Thank you!

Fw8 and 8b.
When adding a second cab and disabling it the first cab seems to stop working and it sounds like an amp without a cab.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? Just a simple amp and cab and add a second cab then disable it.
If you delete the second cab it goes back to normal.
where is the 2nd cab placed? what's the Bypass mode on the first cab?

Installed and had a quick play. Hard to tell whether I'm hearing anything new/different since I'm playing FRFR at low volume (and coming from 7.0) but will check it out at rehearsal tomorrow. Thank you!

I have to agree it sounds
Good but i cant really notice any changes

Man, that was quick! Can't play very loud tonight, but at low vol it seems like the thump is back!:)

Will try it at a good vol tomorrow .....Thanks Cliff!

No bypass mode (mute) on the cab. Thought this would be valid but it could just be me ;).
1568257144331.png

Last edited:
No bypass mode (mute) on the cab.

Bypassing a block doesn't necessarily mean it is muted. This depends in the Bypass Mode setting in the specific Cab and channel.

IRRC the default mode is set to THRU which passes the (amp) signal through unaltered. Make sure to set Bypass Mode in all Cab channels to MUTE which will block the signal.

Thanks a lot Cliff for this new update
i can't find where to go for find this function :"Added Swap Scene function to Layout->Tools. "
Can someone help me find this?

awesome! im new to the axe fx III i didnt know how much i missed the multiple updates on the fractal units, so cool! thanks Cliff

Thanks a lot Cliff for this new update
i can't find where to go for find this function :"Added Swap Scene function to Layout->Tools. "
Can someone help me find this?
Go to the layout screen & tab over to the 3rd page. It's in the same area where you can move blocks around the grid, copy scene, copy channel, etc. It's the last option.

Yes, there was a mistake in the power amp modeling.
Can you show a before and after example of the improvement in the amp modeling and point out specifically in what ways it's improved? I'm trying to understand what the tangible difference is that we should actually expect to hear ?

Nevermind. I just found Leons video of it... the new FW sounds like you added a clean boost to it.

Last edited:
Thanks but please, please, please... create the ability to navigate to any screen from the FC. It would help with my flow soooo much and I'm sure others would agree.

New user. This is just in time for my unboxing when I get home Friday. Psyched to get plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom