Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not measuring any additional gaps.

The next release will only do the slow bypass when bypassing/engaging. During channel/scene changes the bypass/engage will be normal speed. This will prevent any funkiness during channel/scene changes.
For me there is no difference between bypassing/engaging and changing channels. So bypassing/engaging would still sound weird to me.
I don't get the point why bypassing/engaging should be treated differently to channel/scene changes (as scene changes do bypassing/engaging).

Improved Speaker Thump algorithm in Amp block.
Had things up a little on the loud side and was playing around with Thump on my Wrecker preset. I kept hearing these weird overtones ringing out after I'd palm mute stuff. This wooooosh kind of thing kept happening.

Was all set to say there was some weird bug happening here.

And then I realized with the Thump up it was causing the acoustic guitar hanging on my wall to do this crazy sympathetic vibration thing! :openmouth:

Pretty cool dial to make your pant cuffs (and acoustics hang on the wall) flap in the breeze.

Last edited:
I just noticed on the Bosom boost, if I roll the "Boost" setting all the way to zero, it kills my signal completely and I don't hear any sound at all when I play. If I set it on a setting other than zero, the sound comes back. Is this normal operation for this pedal?

Not a big deal since I wouldn't normally use it with the boost on zero anyways, but just curious is all.

I just noticed on the Bosom boost, if I roll the "Boost" setting all the way to zero, it kills my signal completely and I don't hear any sound at all when I play. If I set it on a setting other than zero, the sound comes back. Is this normal operation for this pedal?

Not a big deal since I wouldn't normally use it with the boost on zero anyways, but just curious is all.
Just like the real thing. You can file your complaint at: www.davefriedman.com

Normal. The boost IS the level knob. There is no gain or diodes on this pedal.

Hahahahahahah, Cliff beat me by seconds.

Many thanks to Cliff and his Fractal Team!! It is unbelievable, but this great piece of gear is getting better and better.
Yes sir! I am a proud Fractal user. I hope. this will never end!

Who would imagine, that we can buy this "small" wonder - and getting the whole world of the greatest amps, cabs, effects and so much more at our hands!
Thanks a lot from Germany!
I am so happy!!!

@FractalAudio

I didn't see it mentioned that the smoothness improvements were also applied to the pitch block. Did I miss it or is that correct?

I use a modifier with the virtual capo (pedal 3 FC 12mk 1 EV2) to simulate tremolo dives and in the beginning of the action it has a little gap glitch or whatever, similar to amps changing channels.

I've messed with the attack, release, position engage speeds and a few other parameters and nothing seemingly changes/improves this phenomenon.

Another thing of note about it, when turning the unit on, the first usage of this action, the glitch is quite severe. Running the pedal through its motions a few times smooths it out some, but it's still has a bit of a jump. Also, playing for an extended period of time and NOT using the pedal/modifier/VC, it will jump dramatically when activated ... Meaning after not having used it in say 10, 15, 20 minutes or whatever.

If that's how it is and can't be improved, certainly not the end of the world. Especially if I knowingly engage "warm up" the pedal/modifier prior to playing the parts that utilize it.

But maybe you could take a look at it and see if it's something simple to tweak?

@FractalAudio

I didn't see it mentioned that the smoothness improvements were also applied to the pitch block. Did I miss it or is that correct?

I use a modifier with the virtual capo (pedal 3 FC 12mk 1 EV2) to simulate tremolo dives and in the beginning of the action it has a little gap glitch or whatever, similar to amps changing channels.

I've messed with the attack, release, position engage speeds and a few other parameters and nothing seemingly changes/improves this phenomenon.

Another thing of note about it, when turning the unit on, the first usage of this action, the glitch is quite severe. Running the pedal through its motions a few times smooths it out some, but it's still has a bit of a jump. Also, playing for an extended period of time and NOT using the pedal/modifier/VC, it will jump dramatically when activated ... Meaning after not having used it in say 10, 15, 20 minutes or whatever.

If that's how it is and can't be improved, certainly not the end of the world. Especially if I knowingly engage "warm up" the pedal/modifier prior to playing the parts that utilize it.

But maybe you could take a look at it and see if it's something simple to tweak?
Maybe share the preset so they can see the behavior with your settings?

@FractalAudio

Maybe the new fade will offer a better solution but in the meantime have you tried CCs settings
He talks about how to avoid the bump in this vid and details the settings

FWIW, before this update, I never noticed a problematic glitch engaging the wah, maybe because it's set to turn on in the bottom part of it's range, so it's mostly muted at that point.

Last edited:
Maybe share the preset so they can see the behavior with your settings?
I should probably update first and see if it's even a thing with the new firmware😄

I haven't got the time at the moment, nor am I even at home with the unit anyway...hence the question. But it could be a big nothing burger.. so I'll give it a go first later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom