Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
know we've chatted before but I can't remember the answer to this question lol have you tried any external gate (physical pedal)?
No sadly I don’t have noise gate anymore and it bore me to death to buy one just to try. Even if I am considering it more and more . I have tried with the emg guitar and yeah it’s better… sure this guitar is noisy… but they are expensive humbuckers on an expensive guitar and it bore me to death to to change them too. It’s not like they were single coils 🤷. Then @jin1995x this is not a one’s man problem. if you have followed a little bit, they are testimony from others persons here, in YouTube, in Facebook… I’m not dreaming. They are 20 guitars at home and I have owned and tried thousand of music gear. It’s not like that I am discovering music. But yeah with others pickups on this one it will be probably better. We will see what I will do.

What's funny, I was getting full on microphonic noise from this guitar a month ago, I stopped playing the guitar for a whole week. Now I am noticing pretty much zero noise on my end. Noise cannot be the fault of the Axe imo.

The pickups I'm using ARE active.

Then @jin1995x this is not a one’s man problem. if you have followed a little bit, they are testimony from others persons here, in YouTube, in Facebook… I’m not dreaming. They are 20 guitars at home and I have owned and tried thousand of music gear. It’s not like that I am discovering music. But yeah with others pickups on this one it will be probably better. We will see what I will do.

lowered gain a bit to make it sound like the noisy middle part in your video.

Why dont you just get an isp decimator if it solves your problem in the end it doesnt matter.

How is the noise on your jp7 im sure lower than your gibson.

What's funny, I was getting full on microphonic noise from this guitar a month ago, I stopped playing the guitar for a whole week. Now I am noticing pretty much zero noise on my end. Noise cannot be the fault of the Axe imo.

The pickups I'm using ARE active.

That sounds great to me what are your gate settings is it the input or separate gate block

No sadly I don’t have noise gate anymore and it bore me to death to buy one just to try. Even if I am considering it more and more . I have tried with the emg guitar and yeah it’s better… sure this guitar is noisy… but they are expensive humbuckers on an expensive guitar and it bore me to death to to change them too. It’s not like they were single coils 🤷. Then @jin1995x this is not a one’s man problem. if you have followed a little bit, they are testimony from others persons here, in YouTube, in Facebook… I’m not dreaming. They are 20 guitars at home and I have owned and tried thousand of music gear. It’s not like that I am discovering music. But yeah with others pickups on this one it will be probably better. We will see what I will do.
Yeah I'm just kinda over it imo. When I slap it in a mix I usually don't notice the noise tbh. However if you need super tight clean gallops it can be bothersome but not that bad

WoooHooo, I can install now! Working with the Beta's is not my thing!! Not only am I too incompetent to offer anything useful, but I just don't have the time/patience to dial in adjustments in this aggressive updates cycle!!! The efforts on the part of the FAS team and the community in fleshing this stuff out is phenomenal and appreciated beyond anything words could convey ;~)) Thanks to the FAS team and this community for making me and thousands of others sound better every day!

Send you a bill for the time I spend taking it seriously ;)

I underdstand what your saying RC! I have no amp or frfr system at home other than my speakers and I use Fractal AXE FX as my only system with my adam studio monitors. So when I receive a preset that blasts in my face (volume wise) and I level them and left and right are really out of shape I thought I would do you a favor, but hey I get it. I know where to find my way with the axe fx as a long time user, you do not have to worry ;) And leveling presets (many decibels) definitely has impact (fletcher munson & gain structure in and out of the effects etc..).
If your ears are happy and others too, no problems from my side, was honest feedback, no attack.

But this subject is triggering me, so I will take the subject out of this post and make a small thread.
Hey, no problem here........ummm, you might have noticed the vol. block in the preset with the modifier attached to a pedal?
That would be my volume pedal......it tames the volume of this preset quite nicely. You might consider getting one.....they're really cool!

As far as the balance left to right.........I stand by it......... sure sounds good on my A7X's. biggrin.gif

Some of the amps are not leveled (or at least left and right DB's are not in line)
Unless you've adjusted Balance in the Amp block then the AMP should have the same level both Left and Right.

Use the Meters view to see the levels.

If the preset is not balanced after the Amp, maybe that is the cause.

Otherwise check your monitoring system.

If the Amp block was not properly balanced, many people would be reporting a problem.

After updating firmware a great number of presets are blank, despite the names of presets are shown in the axe-edit preset button, Any idea ?

After updating firmware a great number of presets are blank, despite the names of presets are shown in the axe-edit preset button, Any idea ?
On the unit or only in Manage Presets?

If the former, make sure you loaded the correct Firmware.

If the latter, click the Refresh icon in Manage Presets.

Unless you've adjusted Balance in the Amp block then the AMP should have the same level both Left and Right.

Use the Meters view to see the levels.

If the preset is not balanced after the Amp, maybe that is the cause.

Otherwise check your monitoring system.

If the Amp block was not properly balanced, many people would be reporting a problem.
I do not have any problems, i can easily use stock setting and also factory presets sound great. Also most presets i download from burgs, fremen, GOT, etc worked fine except the dweezil zappa, there i had same volume problem and gain. Therefor i took tthe subject out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom