Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave the Herb MK3 a spin last night, and ended up preferring the original. To my ears, the MK3 has a boxier sound with some odd peaks in the upper mids.

Apple uses their own, incompatible, formats for everything lately, much to my chagrin. That stupid HEIC format makes sharing images especially difficult.
I like their computers well enough, at least through the Intel chip era, because there's a Unix shell hiding in there. Haven't bought one since then, so can't say either way. Don't like their phones at all, though....

What I hate is the little red badges that tell you when there's new messages or calls have disappeared completely from my
ipad and iphone. They are still turned on in settings, but gone.......even after a restart. :(

somehow I have better "equilibrium" between my neck and bridge pickup, I allways had more bass than I wanted when switching from bridge to neck pickups

Definitely can tell a difference in those i amps, and I am listening thru a phone. That's impressive, the herb, 5153 and Uber Definitely sounding authentic and awesome..my favorite maybe the BEc45. Maybe I didn't read enough , I take it the eqs and gain of the amps were set similarly

What I hate is the little red badges that tell you when there's new messages or calls have disappeared completely from my
ipad and iphone. They are still turned on in settings, but gone.......even after a restart. :(
Fixed! Reset all settings, and while that did not fix it, ran into a setting I've never seen before while redoing my settings which did fix it!

Here's the 8 amps of the preset I put up a few days ago. Which one is your favorite?

Cameron CCV 0 to :36
Ecstacy :36 to 1:11
Herbert Mk3 1:11 to 1:46
JP2C+ Red 1:46 to 2:20
5153 100 Red 2:20 to 2:56
Friedman BE C45 2:56 to 3:31
Uberschall 3:31 to 4:06
ADA MP-1 4:06 to 4:41

The Cameron and Herbert are really good. A slight preference for the Cameron CCV, a touch less gain, more 'organic', it's lower in volume a touch but I can hear that I like it slightly better.

Thanks for doing this.

The Cameron and Herbert are really good. A slight preference for the Cameron CCV, a touch less gain, more 'organic', it's lower in volume a touch but I can hear that I like it slightly better.

Thanks for doing this.
Yep, the Herbert is one of my faves of the bunch…..it’s got some of the bounce of the Uber but doesn’t get lost… :)

Here's the 8 amps of the preset I put up a few days ago. Which one is your favorite?

Cameron CCV 0 to :36
Ecstacy :36 to 1:11
Herbert Mk3 1:11 to 1:46
JP2C+ Red 1:46 to 2:20
5153 100 Red 2:20 to 2:56
Friedman BE C45 2:56 to 3:31
Uberschall 3:31 to 4:06
ADA MP-1 4:06 to 4:41

Do you mind resharing the preset?

Well, I am a total newbie on this stuff (just got my first fractal product in Dec '21) but for the first time, this firmware has made me shake my head in wonder! I putzed around with the first 10 factory presets today, and I found at least one scene in every one of those presets that I liked!! When I first got my FXIII Turbo, I went through all factory presets and found about 20 that I really liked, then took bits and pieces from each of them to make my kitchen sink, but I'll be damned if I did not find new presets I want to explore just from this limited run through of the first 10 factory presets using this FW!!! The gift that keeps on giving - Fractal - quality infinitized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom