Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
You run, bump other players and try to bypass a wall of players in armors... Ok
To me what is a pain to watch in American football, is that the game is stopped at every meters . Then the strategies are complex for a newbie at each stop and … not our culture don’t know . I m not in sport more than that, I watch a few soccer match in the World Cups and that’s all …

Concerning the firmware, everything work normally . I have run all my presets yesterday and it’s ok

You see it has a lot of treble , so if the high treble don’t work it is not really a problem on this one ☺️
I use the mark eq in the amp section in this one. But yep it is trebly . I prefer the JP2c in the axe or the mark 4
hmmm...trebly ? I always thought that I set amps rather darker than brigter :D
but it´s like that maybe because I don´t use any cuts in the cab block, so everything is wide open and have presence set at 3, folks usually have it at 1 :)
but to my ears it sounds balanced with my guitar in drop C :)

hmmm...trebly ?
Maybe because I don´t use any cuts in the cab block, so everything is wide open and have presence set at 3, folks usually have it at 1 :)
but to my ears it sounds balanced with my guitar in drop C :)
Yep tastes then. Globally I dislike the harshness and high frequencies in amps . I don’t cut that much, 12k in general, but I do everything everytime to not hear that with the others tweaks

Yep tastes then. Globally I dislike the harshness and high frequencies in amps . I don’t cut that much, 12k in general, but I do everything everytime to not hear that with the others tweaks
me too, I dislike that also, but I am not hearing harshness on my Adam A7X monitors...hmmm....I would say harmonic overtones and definiton is what I hear :p. Curious what monitors you are listening it on..

me too, I dislike that also, but I am not hearing harshness on my Adam A7X monitors...hmmm....I would say harmonic overtones and definiton is what I hear :p. Curious what monitors you are listening it on..
You don’t see how it is harsh ? It does « krr krr » everywhere, put some tubes on it ! 😁
This model is like that in the axe is not your fault

@Thomas Obester it is the boost that add this too. With 21.00 the boosts are more dominant than before, with the new interaction fractal talked about between the od and amp. I had to level down them a lot, or completely remove them, trying to find another way to tight the signal . The boost add a synthetic tone in the amp that is unwanted here . Not easy to do a « clean boost » like a maxon pedal does now

You don’t see how it is harsh ? It does « krr krr » everywhere, put some tubes on it ! 😁
This model is like that in the axe is not your fault
of course I hear the sizzle, but that´s how I usually record it, because in the mix it sounds amazing and not harsh at all.
If I would play with FRFR loudly with a band, I would cut everything over 6,5-8khz, but I never cut anything live, because I play with mesa cab and power amp and no cuts are needed in that case.

@Thomas Obester it is the boost that add this too. With 21.00 the boosts are more dominant than before, with the new interaction fractal talked about between the od and amp. I had to level down them a lot, or completely remove them, trying to find another way to tight the signal . The boost add a synthetic tone in the amp that is unwanted here . Not easy to do a « clean boost » like a maxon pedal does now
the only amp I would use boost in axe or in real life is for recto.
In general, I don´t like od pedals, only pure amp gain.
If the amp has not right gain structure and response without OD, it´s not the amp for me.

of course I hear the sizzle, but that´s how I usually record it, because in the mix it sounds amazing and not harsh at all.
If I would play with FRFR loudly with a band, I would cut everything over 6,5-8khz, but I never cut anything live, because I play with mesa cab and power amp and no cuts are needed in that case.
Irs … irs … the time I spent to try to make it sound « natural » everytime 🤦‍♂️. It sound so easily like a razor . The trick to put the mic a little bit away from the cab remove that a little, but it add basses and remove some definition. finding compromise yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom