Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding this, it seems like FAS could easily detect a FW mismatch and display something like <PRESET INCOMPATIBLE - NEWER FW> or some indicator that the preset in that memory slot exists but is incompatible.

Similarly, it would be awesome if there could be readily viewable metadata about the FW the preset was saved under.
I've never experienced a missing preset when performing a firmware update. I have experienced a corrupted preset, even without performing any updates. Usually when that happens, a restore of that preset solves the problem. Sometime anomalies happen when dealing with processors.
I think this needs clarification.

The firmware can adjust parameters in blocks, or occasionally add new or rename, or remove unnecessary parameters, which will then result in the preset being tagged as having been adjusted by the newer firmware.
When I stated "many presets were updated since the latest firmware. And if I'm correct, they will update when installing the latest firmware." should have said preset parameters.

This firmware has me thinking it may be time to rebuild all my presets Amp and Cab block wise. I bit the bullet and installed 21 Saturday and scrambled through all the presets for that evenings gig to make sure they were good and they were aside from some volume too high too low issue's. Bass player got sick the last set (dehydration) so I said screw it I'm just gonna cue up the songs and play along with them to finish out the night and try to get paid. Man that was killer fun. Nothing like proving yes you can play that song correctly and yes your tone is pretty spot on.

FW21, Cameron CCV 2C, stock settings, but gain lowered from 5 to 3 and input trim set at 0.45 for my PRS Tremonti. Cab IR is YA FDMN Phil X mix.

Ouput meter shows around 0 to +3db but maybe that´s not loud enough ?

Also, the playing is total crap, just wanted to quickly try if it works.
First time trying to post recording with IR´s from soundcloud.
I really have hard time to embed clip here directly via iphone.
I can do that correctly only with PC.
Any tips how to upload it directly with iphone here ?
With iphone I can share only link and you have to open it in browser to listen to. it looks like this :

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZJ4MV7spZNE82QoH9

I see everybody shares it directly here like this :

I would like to do it with iphone.
thx for any suggestions.

Last edited:
I have a question, are the factory preset parameters updated with this firmware according to the new improvements of the amp and drive block?

Here's the 8 amps of the preset I put up a few days ago. Which one is your favorite?

Cameron CCV 0 to :36
Ecstacy :36 to 1:11
Herbert Mk3 1:11 to 1:46
JP2C+ Red 1:46 to 2:20
5153 100 Red 2:20 to 2:56
Friedman BE C45 2:56 to 3:31
Uberschall 3:31 to 4:06
ADA MP-1 4:06 to 4:41

Last edited:
I hear massive differences between those clips so, respectfully, I have to disagree.
I would have to agree. I played around with this preset and all the amps are sounding different to me. I really liked a couple and enjoyed noodling for a bit with them. Happy Thanksgiving Cliff & Co.

Here's the 8 amps of the preset I put up a few days ago. Which one is your favorite?

Cameron CCV 0 to :36
Ecstacy :36 to 1:11
Herbert Mk3 1:11 to 1:46
JP2C+ Red 1:46 to 2:20
5153 100 Red 2:20 to 2:56
Friedman BE C45 2:56 to 3:31
Uberschall 3:31 to 4:06
ADA MP-1 4:06 to 4:41

was this embeded here from pc or phone ? 😁

FW21, Cameron CCV 2C, stock settings, but gain lowered from 5 to 3 and input trim set at 0.45 for my PRS Tremonti. Cab IR is YA FDMN Phil X mix.

Ouput meter shows around 0 to +3db but maybe that´s not loud enough ?

Also, the playing is total crap, just wanted to quickly try if it works.
First time trying to post recording with IR´s from soundcloud.
I really have hard time to embed clip here directly via iphone.
I can do that correctly only with PC.
Any tips how to upload it directly with iphone here ?
With iphone I can share only link and you have to open it in browser to listen to. it looks like this :

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZJ4MV7spZNE82QoH9

I see everybody shares it directly here like this :

I would like to do it with iphone.
thx for any suggestions.

If you recorded directly to your phone the file is probably M4A format, which isn't allowed to be attached directly. From the PC it's probably MP3.

I recently started using SoundCloud to post because I can upload directly there from my phone and it just works.

If that's not it, maybe create a separate thread outside this one...

If you recorded directly to your phone the file is probably M4A format, which isn't allowed to be attached directly. From the PC it's probably MP3.

I recently started using SoundCloud to post because I can upload directly there from my phone and it just works.

If that's not it, maybe create a separate thread outside this one...
the thing is, this was recorded directly to iphone.
signal chain is axe -> usb cable -> apple camera adapter -> iphone and then uploaded to soundcloud.

with pc it is not problem to embed it here, with iphone it’s not possible.

I will create separate thread for this.

Last edited:
the thing is, this was recorded directly to iphone.
signal chain is axe -> usb cable -> apple camera adapter -> iphone and then uploaded to soundcloud.

with pc it is not problem to embed it here, with iphone it’s not possible.

I will create separate thread for this for sure.
Apple saves audio in a different format, apparently....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom