Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Release Candidate (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I'll join in with the derailment, but I have absolutely no problem getting a mid-rich sound from my real VH4.

This is mid rich? Sounds great, maybe mid rich means scooped? Someone posting a video of rizamatix. His vids are deep and processed, usually gives a good representation of the amp however.

This is mid rich? Sounds great, maybe mid rich means scooped? Someone posting a video of rizamatix. His vids are deep and processed, usually gives a good representation of the amp however.
lol. Well everyone has their own flavour. I'm not gonna put it under a bloody scope, but yeah, this is mid rich. Not scooped at all.

One man's mid-rich is another man's 'honky'

lol. Well everyone has their own flavour. I'm not gonna put it under a bloody scope, but yeah, this is mid rich. Not scooped at all.

One man's mid-rich is another man's 'honky'
It sounds great regardless however it is described. I just find a Deiezel amp is not designed for a punchy uper mids or even lower mid range character, it's more in a recto and a scooped mids defined amp it is a modern amp voiced for modern metal..dropped tuned with scooped mids. It isn't a VH sound by any means. Far from a JCM, plexi, any mid character designed amp you want to mention. There is a design that is supposed to be voiced in the mid range marshall camp, it's not the herbie tho. Cheers

It sounds great regardless however it is described. I just find a Deiezel amp is not designed for a punchy uper mids or even lower mid range character, it's more in a recto and a scooped mids defined amp it is a modern amp voiced for modern metal..dropped tuned with scooped mids. It isn't a VH sound by any means. Far from a JCM, plexi, any mid character designed amp you want to mention. There is a design that is supposed to be voiced in the mid range marshall camp, it's not the herbie tho. Cheers
The Paul , Hagen , Big MX and Einstein all lean a bit more to the British side of the spectrum IMO

I'm still having some wild volume drops when loading amps from block library. Only fixable by resetting the channel, which undoes all other settings. Subsequent attempts to load amps from block library leads to same thing. Only happens with SOME saved blocks.

Just a me problem?

I may have found another bug. I have the otter quad external switches that I have been using for a couple months, one set up for tap tempo. At my gig tonight I noticed that my sound mutes every time I step on the tap tempo, until I let it go back up. On a break, I set up another tap tempo on the fc-12, and it does not mute the output. Anyone else?
Since nobody knows what your switch settings are it's not really possible to say.

Post a screen shot of the switch settings for the one causing the problem.

I'm still having some wild volume drops when loading amps from block library. Only fixable by resetting the channel, which undoes all other settings. Subsequent attempts to load amps from block library leads to same thing. Only happens with SOME saved blocks.

Just a me problem?
Elaborate?

What do you mean by "volume drop"?

Does it drop when the block is loaded or some point after?

Perhaps the Level setting needs to be adjusted in the saved block?

Since nobody knows what your switch settings are it's not really possible to say.

Post a screen shot of the switch settings for the one causing the problem.
It is number 4 Tap

Attachments

• 775EE887-6FBC-49A8-880A-62C36ED0E649.jpeg
    775EE887-6FBC-49A8-880A-62C36ED0E649.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 2F6D00AE-D44D-4366-A585-E0D165A2B669.jpeg
    2F6D00AE-D44D-4366-A585-E0D165A2B669.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • AB3F2AEF-EBB8-43C7-A49F-DF5F959C6D17.jpeg
    AB3F2AEF-EBB8-43C7-A49F-DF5F959C6D17.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Very appreciative of what Fractal is trying to do. Managing a huge library of amps is not easy. Public betas are a real stress test, since you have people intimately familiar with their choice of amps. And any small deviation is brought up and hunting for gremlins in your code is a bitch. Is it component values in the code, is it an edge case in an algorithm, is it the reference amp, is it user error ? Now take that and multiply by 300. And all this on the bleeding edge of modeling that has no other precedence.

Also awesome is the wisdom of the forum in highlighting issues and help making this device the best it can be. Fractal put themselves into a more difficult mode of development with user input, unlike our other friends that just release a yearly update and you get what you get.

Elaborate?

What do you mean by "volume drop"?

Does it drop when the block is loaded or some point after?

Perhaps the Level setting needs to be adjusted in the saved block?

Will certainly try -- forgive my lack of technical knowledge. I'll have a perfectly functioning preset pulled up and want to try something from the Blocks Library (in this case it's Leon Todd's recently posted Blocks, I hadn't really messed with Blocks Library before). The moment I switch from whatever amp I had prior to the saved/blocks library amp, the volume output from my speakers is nearly imperceptible. Even if I crank the Level in the Amp Block to +20.0 dB, it's quieter than my other channels running somewhere in the -10.0 dB range.

I've tried to look at all amp settings to see if something is set quieter given I didn't build the block myself, but if anything it seems it should be louder -- master volume is higher, input boost is on, even the Level control is set higher.

Not sure if it's ok to post someone else's stuff (even if already shared with our community), but the blocks are available over here if interested: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/blocks-library-october-2022.187414/

Like I said, a Reset of the channel fixes it but loses all other settings. Everything goes back into being extremely quiet the moment I reload the saved amp from Blocks Library.

For what it's worth, when I was running beta 4 some of the saved Amp Blocks behaved normally. Since beta 7, anything I load from Amp Block Library has nearly imperceptible volume.

Fully ready to believe this is a Me Problem and I'm overlooking some setting in the Amp Block that isn't jiving with everything else I have set up. Started using this DURING the beta testing so I can't say which is which. If nobody else having issues loading from Blocks Library, that would make it pretty clear for me!

Will certainly try -- forgive my lack of technical knowledge. I'll have a perfectly functioning preset pulled up and want to try something from the Blocks Library (in this case it's Leon Todd's recently posted Blocks, I hadn't really messed with Blocks Library before). The moment I switch from whatever amp I had prior to the saved/blocks library amp, the volume output from my speakers is nearly imperceptible. Even if I crank the Level in the Amp Block to +20.0 dB, it's quieter than my other channels running somewhere in the -10.0 dB range.

I've tried to look at all amp settings to see if something is set quieter given I didn't build the block myself, but if anything it seems it should be louder -- master volume is higher, input boost is on, even the Level control is set higher.

Not sure if it's ok to post someone else's stuff (even if already shared with our community), but the blocks are available over here if interested: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/blocks-library-october-2022.187414/

Like I said, a Reset of the channel fixes it but loses all other settings. Everything goes back into being extremely quiet the moment I reload the saved amp from Blocks Library.

For what it's worth, when I was running beta 4 some of the saved Amp Blocks behaved normally. Since beta 7, anything I load from Amp Block Library has nearly imperceptible volume.

Fully ready to believe this is a Me Problem and I'm overlooking some setting in the Amp Block that isn't jiving with everything else I have set up. Started using this DURING the beta testing so I can't say which is which. If nobody else having issues loading from Blocks Library, that would make it pretty clear for me!
Ok... That is all good info.

One thing that will help diagnose this would be to revert back to an older, non-beta firmware and see if the same thing happens.

To confirm, you're using the updated Axe-Edit and you've done the Refresh After Firmware Update?

Otherwise, maybe someone else who's using those shared blocks can confirm?

It may be something specific to those blocks. I don't think it's something you're doing.

That all looks correct. I can't think of a reason you'd experience that based on your setup.

I'd suggest trying to reset everything for that switch and try again.
I did reset it, but it still mutes the output when pushed. Never did this before. Also, it only happens with stand in switches not the fc-12 switches. So guess who has 2 thumbs and isn’t doing that for now.

I did reset it, but it still mutes the output when pushed. Never did this before. Also, it only happens with stand in switches not the fc-12 switches. So guess who has 2 thumbs and isn’t doing that for now.
Check the Midi/Remote Bypass page and make sure that you don't have that FC switch assigned to something there.

You know, my Fart Tone now sounds broken. It used to sound like a full yet tight expansive fart. Now it sounds (and feels) like a wet acrid shart (Uh... I'd better check my drawers).

EDIT: By bad, I ate something different last night and that seems to have affected my flattulence!
What are you using as a reference for your Fart Tone? Is it a classic British Monty Python fart, or a modern USA Blazing Saddles fart? Those of us with finely-tuned ears (and noses) can tell the difference, you know.

Ok... That is all good info.

One thing that will help diagnose this would be to revert back to an older, non-beta firmware and see if the same thing happens.

To confirm, you're using the updated Axe-Edit and you've done the Refresh After Firmware Update?

Otherwise, maybe someone else who's using those shared blocks can confirm?

It may be something specific to those blocks. I don't think it's something you're doing.

Reverting to FW 20.04 restored all expected functionality.

Prior to doing so, I made a new saved Amp Block in the most recent beta. That loaded up as expected.

Was using most recent Axe-Edit when using the beta, so shouldn't have been issues there.

Maybe some issue with how blocks saved in older FW are reacting to new changes? We have definitely reached far beyond any limits of my understanding...

Maybe some issue with how blocks saved in older FW are reacting to new changes? We have definitely reached far beyond any limits of my understanding...
That would be my guess.

I saw you posted in Leon's thread, so I'm guessing you'll get some response there, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom