Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Release Candidate 2 (Beta 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to have our fractals upgraded with Turbo? I keep hearing of people recieving this option yet support email has told me not an option. I cannot run my presets the way they need to sound before maxing out CPU. And I can't drop 2G on a new unit anytime a small feature comes out. This should be a nothingburger to offer and I really need that chip sent to me otherwise its nothing but hair pulling.
Sup? :)

So, sell your unit, put a few bucks with it and buy the turbo unit,, problem solved, simple ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Did anybody tried the AC 30 model ??
What « tone stack tapers « does to the sound .
It s the first thing i ll try when i ll be able but i d like to know if the AC 30 sounds different than in previous Fw
Fafa

I hate to say it, but the Energyball is still unusable to my ears. 21B8 Energyball is better than B7, but I preferred the prior firmware of that model, even if it was inaccurate before. It’s thinner and more scooped now than prior to 21B7.

But, it’s no great loss because as an earlier poster mentioned, the PVH 6160+ Lead has improved and does the same job as the Energyball better, now.

Also, I did refresh Axe edit, and there are still anomalies when selecting a different amp to try in an existing preset. When selecting the 5153 50W Blue, I get the Friedman Small Box…

I hate to say it, but the Energyball is still unusable to my ears. 21B8 Energyball is better than B7, but I preferred the prior firmware of that model, even if it was inaccurate before. It’s thinner and more scooped now than prior to 21B7.

But, it’s no great loss because as an earlier poster mentioned, the PVH 6160+ Lead has improved and does the same job as the Energyball better, now.

Also, I did refresh Axe edit, and there are still anomalies when selecting a different amp to try in an existing preset. When selecting the 5153 50W Blue, I get the Friedman Small Box…
same i globally dislike the Engl’s in the unit. The savage is harsh and is super trebly and the energyball is a fuzz ball. I tweak them a lot to make them sound « normal » . But by default, when you choose them… brrr

When selecting the 5153 50W Blue, I get the Friedman Small Box…
I'm not getting that behaviour on my end.
the energyball is a fuzz ball. I tweak them a lot
I certainly have to do a bit more work with the Powerball but I use it for quite dumbed down 90's Valvestate-y black metal tones. With a dash of reverb I'm getting a nice smooth tremolo picking vibe going. Never used the real thing though.

Yes i remember the original : not good neither. These type of dist … like a peavey triple x …
Never tried the real savage.
if you will have an option, even the smaller savage 60w really kills it.
I’m pretty sure you will like it.
I was able to get it to sound very similar to real jp2c, with a touch more of those “typical engl mids”.

This one guitar shop I used to shop at carried lots of Engls. I tried them all and they all had that signature gain structure that just wasn't my bag. Mud and fizz is what comes to mind...and dark.

This one guitar shop I used to shop at carried lots of Engls. I tried them all and they all had that signature gain structure that just wasn't my bag. Mud and fizz is what comes to mind...and dark.
IMO you are playing the wrong Engls , the Artist , Blackmore and Savage have 0 Mud and they are pretty bright and cutting
The Savage is a bit weird because the Eq is Hi Mid, Lo mid more like a studio Eq but you can get some killer tones like Blackmore
Morse, Scorpions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom