Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Release Candidate 2 (Beta 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

everything sounds splendid, thanks for your work!

Albeit, I am sorry to report loud random pops with Herbie ch3. Normally I have a low cut in the input eq at about 120hz and cathode follower compression at about 66%, but I didn't change anything after loading this firmware. Random loud pops appear while playing, I perceive more popps while palm muting, but also after letting a chord ring. The popps sound very "digital", for lack of a better word and detached from the actual guitar sound, like a layer of it's own.

Preset attached, custom IRs though. Please let me know if you need more information if it turns out to be a bug and no user error (all other amps sound glorious so far).

Chris

Attachments

• ThePresetThatPopsTheHerb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
Great idea........I would do that myself, but I'm saving my coins for the IV ! ;)
Consider how long each generation of FAS products lasts before the new model comes out.
With the FM3, FM9, and Turbo being relatively ‘new’, and the constant firmware updates... I’d tend to think it would be a while before there’s a Axe4.

Hi,

everything sounds splendid, thanks for your work!

Albeit, I am sorry to report loud random pops with Herbie ch3. Normally I have a low cut in the input eq at about 120hz and cathode follower compression at about 66%, but I didn't change anything after loading this firmware. Random loud pops appear while playing, I perceive more popps while palm muting, but also after letting a chord ring. The popps sound very "digital", for lack of a better word and detached from the actual guitar sound, like a layer of it's own.

Preset attached, custom IRs though. Please let me know if you need more information if it turns out to be a bug and no user error (all other amps sound glorious so far).

Chris
I loaded it and added my own custom IR and I heard it pop a couple of times too playing about 5 mins, on a few palm mutes, E5 digging in standard tuning with my Musicman Majesty. I can't see any issue with the preset upon checking all the settings or your levels. Seemed totally intermittent, I can't recreate the popping at will.

I notice you have the amp AC Line frequency on channel 1 set to 50Hz, the amp default is 60Hz, not sure if that could have anything to do with it although I wouldn't have thought so.

I loaded it and added my own custom IR and I heard it pop a couple of times too playing about 5 mins, on a few palm mutes, E5 digging in standard tuning with my Musicman Majesty. I can't see any issue with the preset upon checking all the settings or your levels. Seemed totally intermittent, I can't recreate the popping at will.

I notice you have the amp AC Line frequency on channel 1 set to 50Hz, the amp default is 60Hz, not sure if that could have anything to do with it although I wouldn't have thought so.
Thanks for checking and confirming!
Either my preset is corrupt (which I doubt, Herbie popped in other presets as well) or something is off, at least I know it's not the tubes of my unit ;)

Thanks for checking and confirming!
Either my preset is corrupt (which I doubt, Herbie popped in other presets as well) or something is off, at least I know it's not the tubes of my unit ;)
I'd create a new preset to try and recreat your old one from scratch, see if that helps eliminate it.

Please post your preset.
Here it is Cliff, thanx for checking this out.

AMP Block Channel A CAE3+ Rhythm
AMP Block Channel B CAE3+ Clean
AMP Block Channel C CAE3+ Lead
AMP Block Channel D CAE3+ Rhythm (Same settings as Channel A)

Scene 1 is RHYTHM (CAE3+ RHYTHM), occasional Pops
Scene 2 is CLEAN (CAE3 Clean), no pops
Scene 3 is LEAD (CAE3+ Lead) LOUD Pops.
Scene 4 is LEAD (CAE3+ Lead) LOUD Pops.
Scene 5 is RHYTHM (CAE3+ RHYTHM) occasional Pops
Scene 6 is LEAD (CAE3+ Lead) LOUD Pops.
Scene 7 is RHYTHM (CAE3+ RHYTHM) occasional Pops
Scene 8 is LEAD (CAE3+ Lead) LOUD Pops.

Attachments

• S.Lukather.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hmmm... used the new beta 8 today, and I think I'm going back to beta 7. The new one felt wrong on the DC30 EF86 and 5F8 Tweed models... stiffer, but less headroom, while having the same amount of overdrive as beta 7. Also, both models were more harsh in the top end, with less treble extension.

Last edited:
Hmmm... used the new beta 7 today, and I think I'm going back to beta 4. The new one felt wrong on the DC30 EF86 and 5F8 Tweed models... stiffer, but less headroom, while having the same amount of overdrive as beta 4. Also, both models were more harsh in the top end, with less treble extension.
Did you use beta 7 or beta 8?

I'm on my 6th AXE FX, now turbo. I don't usually upgrade right away, but thought it was time to do it before used prices come down.
You sell your MKII, add a few bucks and your happiness meter pegs:cool::)

Consider how long each generation of FAS products lasts before the new model comes out.
With the FM3, FM9, and Turbo being relatively ‘new’, and the constant firmware updates... I’d tend to think it would be a while before there’s a Axe4.
The IV will be here before you know it. Don’t worry though, no one says you have to upgrade, you know? :oops: :) :cool:

Hmmm... used the new beta 8 today, and I think I'm going back to beta 7. The new one felt wrong on the DC30 EF86 and 5F8 Tweed models... stiffer, but less headroom, while having the same amount of overdrive as beta 7. Also, both models were more harsh in the top end, with less treble extension.
The modeling is identical for those amp models. The only change was for amps with cathode followers.

Check your speaker drive it was reduced 50% in beta 4 if I recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom