Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Release Candidate 2 (Beta 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed a difference with the "Enhancer" block with this release? I use it a lot and it doesn't seem to be doing anything now with this 21.00 beta 8 release. No noticeable widening effect as it should be. I use it with high gain and clean tones and I can't tell a difference now between it being bypassed or engaged. I attached the .syx file to see if I might just be missing something. Don't think so though. Same as it's always been. Preset 1 narrow high gain. Preset 2 wide high gain. Preset 3 narrow clean. Preset 4 wide clean.

Attachments

• Disruption_11132022.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Has anyone noticed a difference with the "Enhancer" block with this release? I use it a lot and it doesn't seem to be doing anything now with this 21.00 beta 8 release. No noticeable widening effect as it should be. I use it with high gain and clean tones and I can't tell a difference now between it being bypassed or engaged. I attached the .syx file to see if I might just be missing something. Don't think so though. Same as it's always been. Preset 1 narrow high gain. Preset 2 wide high gain. Preset 3 narrow clean. Preset 4 wide clean.
There were no changes to the Enhancer. Check that you aren't collapsing to mono somewhere.

i just tried your preset and it's working as expected. Check your global I/O settings and anything downstream in case you're summing somehwere.

Which Presonus interface?
It's an older one, AudioBoxVSL. The old drivers quit working with Windows 10 recently so I had to download the Universal Driver which has no VSL controls anymore. Apparently my inputs are now panned to the Center instead of being panned Left and Right. Just a guess. Took it out of play and just put my Axe FX lll inline for now. Everything works correctly.

One thing I think I need to say explicitly:

Thank you so much for taking the comments about the Herbert so seriously that you actually bought a new version of the amp in order to have the most desired version of its tone. This again smacks of the level of dedication you just don’t see from companies. I despise sycophantic writing and ass kissing, and I hate writing praise all over the place on this forum like this company is a damn religion or something, but the thing is, all the good things you read about Fractal are freaking true, and praising this kind of thing is not like the emperor’s new clothes, blind loyalty, or elitism. This is recognition of you always striving to make the best better, like continual improvement is the goal for its own sake, something rare in any kind of human endeavor, in my experience. It’s extraordinary, and deserves to be recognized. There’s so much bullshit from companies whose primary purpose is to make money without reference to any sort of ideal or philosophical value at all, but here, with firmware updates, you even get improvements that you write are probably not audible; this is the kind of rigor one would expect from science, not from anything having to do with electric guitarists. Again, it’s so far off from the way gear companies act en masse that one can’t help but be taken aback.

You could’ve just tweaked the original model by ear to match YouTube videos or something like that, but I do believe you just got an actual heavy as hell third generation Herbert and modeled it, very quickly too. I mean, I can’t think of anything I’ve seen that matches that level of dedication to the quest for tone. Even if I didn’t own an Axe-FX III I would find the knowledge of the improvements here inspiring and something to respect.

Hats off to the chef.

This firmware has some very difficult frequencies to deal with. The clean presets are quite noticeable the difference from the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom