Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a couple more important words:
Hefeweizen
Jägerschnitzel
Spätzel
Also, an important phrase:
Wo ist das Klo, bitte?

HTH!
That last one can also require a 1 Euro coin! Found that out the hard way.

Not to keep this thread off topic, but I've enjoyed every German beer I've tried here. None of this IPA stuff that plagues most American craft breweries. Augustiner Helles has been my favorite.

another thing as I m trying blocks that I never use tonight.

In the "M comp" block, why not write "on" and "off" better than "mute" and "off" for low, mid, high ? when it is set to "off" the knobs are active, so ... ? dont get it .

also in the M comp block , when I maxed tor just move the crossover knob in the mids, it changed the crossover knob of the high .
same if you do it with the crossover knob of the high, it changed the mid's one.

bug or these 2 knobs are working together ?

Last edited:
I saw Cliff explaining it that the graphs shows what the effect is affecting, and you hear less of what is being affected. I agree that it's counter-intuitive, but once you understand that, you'll probably get used to it.
I saw the explanation, and while I'm sure it's technically correct, it never jelled in my lizard brain. I just don't use it, no doubt a failing in my part.

also in the M comp block , when I maxed tor just move the crossover knob in the mids, it changed the crossover knob of the high .
same if you do it with the crossover knob of the high, it changed the mid's one.

bug or these 2 knobs are working together ?
That seems to be intentional. The mid crossover controls the crossover frequency from low to mid, the high crossover the frequency from mid to high. The knobs seem to be linked to ensure the mid band always covers at least one octave, so if you set the mid knob to 2k the high knob goes to 4k, if you turn high down to 3k mid goes to 1.5k.

IMO it makes sense because having a very small band of only a few semitones doesn't seem useful in a 3 band comp. Not sure if there are any technical reasons for it as well.

Also in th M comp block, It can be cool to have a “bypass” option in the “mute or off” part of the frequency . If you just want to act in the mid for example, without touching in the low and high. As They are many parameters in each parts I’m not sure to know if these frequencies are affected or not by the block .

Also in th M comp block, It can be cool to have a “bypass” option in the “mute or off” part of the frequency . If you just want to act in the mid for example, without touching in the low and high. As They are many parameters in each parts I’m not sure to know if these frequencies are affected or not by the block .
Raise the Threshold to the max in areas you don't want to compress

backing up then going to install this beta and hopefully my buddy at a local studio meets up tomorrow to check it out while I'm away. If anything I'll have it to play with for checks notes the next 2 hours lol
Give us the verdict when you have a chance , if you hear a big change as others do

Give us the verdict when you have a chance , if you hear a big change as others do
I noticed the low end change as well. Didnt realize I had low cuts in the cab block, but I did and now I dont. No other tweaks have been made yet. Only tried with one guitar (higher output than others).

Here's a couple more important words:
Hefeweizen (hef-eh-vite-zen)
Jägerschnitzel (yay-grr-shnit-zel)
Spätzel (spet-zel)
Apfel Strudel (ap-fell stroo-dell)
Also, an important phrase:
Wo ist das Klo, bitte? (Voh ist dass clo bit-uh)

HTH!
😂, Spätzle haßzt (heißt das), und statt Klo kannst auch Häusl sagen, zumindest in Österreich (at least in Austria 🎶😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom