Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running into some V30's in a 2x12 mesa cab. So, no cab block. Just pre/power modeling. I have most other filters cut at 7-8k.

I have a Recto 2x12 with V30s in it, when running through that cab I tend to run a high cut fairly low, usually 5500-6K. Unless I have the volume up considerably that cab has a bit more high end than I personally like. Beating on it with my Mark V it sounds great, but throttling the volume back not quite as good to me. So I EQ it to taste, with no consideration for what the "accepted" way of doing it is.

Two Stone J35 models seem to have really benefited from whatever happened. Closer to what I remember playing! Really nice.
Might I respectfully suggest that the default impedance curve for that model (and actually several other ODS models) be switched to the Two Stone 1265?
I believe there could be additional
Wapoosh that was not there before

What I'm hearing is not as noticable on the high end but more so on the mid/lows. The fizz or artifact as it's referred to on the wiki. Is kind of separate from the primary tone, kind of next to it. Sounds kind of like a blown speaker. But, these have never been pushed that hard.

What I'm hearing is not as noticable on the high end but more so on the mid/lows. The fizz or artifact as it's referred to on the wiki. Is kind of separate from the primary tone, kind of next to it. Sounds kind of like a blown speaker. But, these have never been pushed that hard.
What value do you have the speaker thump set to in the amp block, and which SIC are you using?

Which ODS model is best for creating a modern Santana sound. I am trying to create a patch for The Game Of Love.

I tried both HRM models yesterday, but was getting too boomy of a sound on the lower strings. I tried taming it with the speaker block and input eq on the amp block.
It probably wasn't even recorded with a Dumble, but open a thread in the preset forum.

I am still getting a volume jump when switching presets via foot controller, only noticed since last beta, its loud when switching and then the volume slowly drops . Anyone else experiencing this or have any idea whst could be causing this if its not beta related. Thanks

Which ODS model is best for creating a modern Santana sound. I am trying to create a patch for The Game Of Love.

I tried both HRM models yesterday, but was getting too boomy of a sound on the lower strings. I tried taming it with the speaker block and input eq on the amp block.
At the time of that song he was using a Mesa King Snake or 'Snakeskin'. There's a rig rundown that kinda goes through a brief story of his history with Mesa and also shows he used an Altec Speaker, a 12at7 in I believe the second preamp tube position and 7025s in the other positions. Don't know if that was stock or what Santana decided on through experimenting. The Dumble he's using now is the 100 Watt Overdrive Reverb.

Master Volume high?

Dunno if you've had a look at the Carol Ann's yet, but there's quite a lot of volume difference between them, and the Triptik modern dirty is very bassy now.

is there any estimate when the new axe edit arrives? im super curious for the "Plate Suppressor Diodes" and "Overdrive Volume"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom