Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean people can have a "complaint", and I wouldn't even call it that. No need to jump down their throat. The person has just as much right to say he wishes it was a different amp as you saying you are looking forward to trying it.

Wasn't jumping down anyone's throat, was just commenting the post seemed a bit ungrateful

I'd agree that there's a lot of choice when it comes to Plexi's in the Fractal and it'd be nice if there was something else, but at 300 amp channels we can't complain there's not something for everyone - though some will want more of their thing, which is natural - but, these new features aren't costing any of us a thing and this new amp is really nice.

Plus it wouldn't be the internet if folks weren't arguing

So, before one could mix the Treble & Normal Channel in the Jumped amps but now only the "Treble Gain" works, it is fatter though,
are they somehow coupled on the "Gain" knob on the "Ideal" page?

I meant to say exactly what I said. My honest feedback to Fractal is that the world has hundreds of notable tube amps that I would have rather added before an SV20H. Dev time is finite, why spend it here? Maybe an artist really wanted it or something.
What amp would “I would have rather added”?

Yeah, there’s already plenty of Marshall’s to choose from... and they all have their own character. Marshall is probably one of the most copied amps in one variation or another... Friedman, Wizard... etc.

Wishes are fine... there’s a forum for that. But, not everyone’s wish can be granted for various reasons. The Axe III already has so much to offer and continues to add updates and improvements... for free. And, for what it’s worth... FAS is hands down way ahead of the competition.

This thread is for the latest (free) firmware update... not for ‘why did they do this’ or ‘I wouldn’t have done that’. Don’t complain about a free gift. That might be why there was some backlash.

Thanks for the help/links. I've already read those and tried a bunch of stuff. I just tried Cliff's suggestions and I still don't hear a difference. Had somebody else switch from AC to DC on the fly while I was doing double stop bends and didn't hear a change. Same thing with the Master Bias Excursion for fizz. I'll keep poking at this and I'm sure I'll figure it out in the end.
Back when I bought an AX8, the ghost notes drove me crazy, until I realized that my tube amps did the same thing, just as much, and then accepted the ghosts as proof of the quality of the modeling. Sure, we can make adjustments, but now that I know the modeler is doing its job correctly I don't let them bother me.

Good catch. The Plexi 100W 1970 is also broken.
And THAT, right there, is the entire purpose of Cliff releasing a Beta version to this mob of diehards who will put it through its paces and pick up any glitches or broken bits.

While saying "Thank you" to Cliff and the team is a nice thing to do, the primary purpose of this thread is to test the Beta software. It's also not for complaints about what was or wasn't added, really.

Thanks for the update, Cliff, and I have no complaints about additions that keep coming for free.

Thanks for the update. While I do have requests that would make me happy if implemented, it's after all Cliff's product and my primary wish is whatever updates that Cliff finds necessary or ones that make Cliff happy to develop. Looking forward to the continued improvements.

With regards to the “free updates” I’ve come to think of the constant firmware updates as part of the value prop of the AxeFX. You are buying the hardware and continued support. I would buy an AxeFX 4 someday, not because I’m dissatisfied at all currently, but to continue getting updates.

With regards to the “free updates” I’ve come to think of the constant firmware updates as part of the value prop of the AxeFX. You are buying the hardware and continued support. I would buy an AxeFX 4 someday, not because I’m dissatisfied at all currently, but to continue getting updates.
Me too…. I’d buy a 4 today!

Last edited:
My AXE III has, at a rough guess, become twice as musical since I bought it in December 2020 in part because of these FW updates, in part from learning more and more how to use it. I'm deeply appreciative of the continuing work Cliff et al are doing. The AXE is the dream machine I could only wistfully imagine when I began doing gigs in the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom