Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While playing and turning the Treble gain on the JTM45 Jumped, the preset corupted, Axe stopped output (full Red Output Led on front) so i had to restart.
Loading the same Preset again unmuting the input same error, output stop. Making a brand new Preset tweaking the JTM45 Jumped, error again.

Anyone confirm if the Mid High is not set to 0 in the drive block for older saved presets (pre fw 20)?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bug-dark-drive-tone-with-20-04-for-older-presets.187094/
For me, my 16.05 presets still have the Drive block, 'Mid High' parameter loading at '0.00' instead of '5.00'. I just used the Batch Setter function to set all channels, of Drive block 1 and 2, of every preset to '5.00'.

Some Compressors are gain staged differently since their overhaul.

For me, my 16.05 presets still have the Drive block, 'Mid High' parameter loading at '0.00' instead of '5.00'. I just used the Batch Setter function to set all channels, of Drive block 1 and 2, of every preset to '5.00'.

Some Compressors are gain staged differently since their overhaul.
I made all the updates as they appeared and didn’t notice the « Mid High » problem yy67 is talking about.

I've always felt that the Plexi-type amps in the Fractal-verse sound a notch more satisfying than the rest.

+1

Sorry for quoting you, imho the plexi models where stellar even on firmware v2.00 on the AF2, that's when I decided to get rid off everything, even my custom built Metroamp plexi...let alone now on the AF3.

Needless to say I use the Plexi 100 and 1959SLP (both High) 95% of the time (and 5% my other favorite, the Tucana Clean).

These latest updates seem to emphasise the difference in pickups more.
I noticed this with guitars with SD '59s and Aln2Pro's on Plexis and JCM800's.
The 59's seem to be more grainy/fizzy and the Aln2Pro's have a more cleaner/bell like tone now.

While playing and turning the Treble gain on the JTM45 Jumped, the preset corupted, Axe stopped output (full Red Output Led on front) so i had to restart.
Loading the same Preset again unmuting the input same error, output stop. Making a brand new Preset tweaking the JTM45 Jumped, error again.
I can't replicate this. Please post the preset.

I can't replicate this. Please post the preset.
Damnit, i deleted it after the 3rd error, but i have one from a few mins earlier, it should behave the same, yes it does, unmute the Input and its got the error.

Attachments

• PLEXI - JTM 45 - v2_20220925_155641.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there any chance you could upload a preset that helps with Marshall model’s ghost notes and fizz? Been playing around with it and not having much luck. Absolutely love the Marshall models but would love to be able to tame that a little bit. Would be a great help. I could start a new thread to avoid interrupting the new firmware love, please let me know if that’s cool.
Also, lowering triode frequency in the preamp + high treble adjustment makes for a smooth city marshall

People get so sensitive on here if every word isn’t gargling praise, it’s kind of embarrassing. This means we have over 20 Plexi models in the Axe FX, while bass amps remain underrepresented, for example. Does this mean adding a new version is bad? No. Does it mean somebody can want something else and have a valid point? Obviously.

If we all agreed all the time nothing would get anywhere, and I’m pretty sure the Fractal community unanimously agrees every single time a new update comes out that this is the perfect one and there are no more improvements that could be made. Just saying.
Gargling Praise™

I am constantly waiting for a simple thing: I press the Bank UP / DOWN switch and the next banks keep going until I release the switch. This was the case with the MFC101 and it was a great solution. Why can't this be done in FC12?!?

Thanks Cliff, when are you going to incorporate the Darkglass Alpha Omega please?
Wait what? You prefer a bass pedal better than my amps ? 😅
EE2A1DD9-8887-43CD-A2C5-DA1D2D648BDA.jpeg

Thinking of it … I have met Jim Marshall in a pro week when I was in the music business. He was with his wife near him, a sigar, and have signed posters all day long (it need to be somewhere at home) . I asked him if he meet Kurt cobain, he don’t . May sound stupid but Nirvana are my Beatles. Then we had a demo with Paul Reed Smith himself playing through a rectifier soooo loud . good memories. Jim was so nice, like a grandpa, friendly. Keep smiling while signing all day. Crazy. Oups I’m out sorry.

Wait what? You prefer a bass pedal better than my amps ? 😅
View attachment 109003

Thinking of it … I have met Jim Marshall in a pro week when I was in the music business. He was with his wife near him, a sigar, and have signed posters all day long (it need to be somewhere at home) . I asked him if he meet Kurt cobain, he don’t . May sound stupid but Nirvana are my Beatles. Then we had a demo with Paul Reed Smith himself playing through a rectifier soooo loud . good memories. Jim was so nice, like a grandpa, friendly. Keep smiling while signing all day. Crazy. Oups I’m out sorry.
Without a doubt, I prefer the Alpha Omega pedal. You may be a guitarist but there are also many bass players here and they all want that pedal.

Fractal has a lot of amps in there already but very few for bass. I think the efforts are poorly focused.

Without a doubt, I prefer the Alpha Omega pedal. You may be a guitarist but there are also many bass players here and they all want that pedal.

Fractal has a lot of amps in there already but very few for bass. I think the efforts are poorly focused.
I own 4 basses and play bass in 3 bands + the fact I’m guitarist (and also drummer and singer )😅, I was just joking a little. I’m in since forever to have more bass related stuff and I’ve said it already many times even yesterday in this forum😁. They are so many wishes… 🤦 how can he do them all? We all have different tastes and dreams.
But it is positive. If people ask you something to you, It is that you matter more than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom