Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.03

Is it me or do a lot of the models have less gain than before? I've noticed this with the D60 and the TC50 in particular. The clarity in the low mids is much improved with the latest amp modeling but there seems to be a tad less gain than before. It's an easy fix with a boost or input trim, I guess.

Is it me or do a lot of the models have less gain than before? I've noticed this with the D60 and the TC50 in particular. The clarity in the low mids is much improved with the latest amp modeling but there seems to be a tad less gain than before. It's an easy fix with a boost or input trim, I guess.

It could be the cathode follower and/or power amp algorithm improvements.

Check any compressors you have in your presets.

Happy new year all. For those who may be updating from several versions ago (16 to 18), there are many changes that have a significant effect on tone, etc. Gig presets are likely to sound very different. Is there a handy list of blocks, parameters, etc. that have been affected so we can tweek as necessary to achieve the tones in existing presets? I haven't reviewed all the release notes yet. Are they described/explained in the notes? Cheers.

There have been several changes since 16. To compile such a list, one would have to go through all of the release notes for every release betwixt then and now.

I would just try it and see if you like it. I know some users have reverted to 15.03 because they prefer it.

There have been several changes since 16. To compile such a list, one would have to go through all of the release notes for every release betwixt then and now.

I would just try it and see if you like it. I know some users have reverted to 15.03 because they prefer it.
Thanks. I have to read the notes anyway. Might as well just take notes. Perhaps I will share my notes as a PSA.

Keep in mind I’m a single-preset person, so firmwares with bigger changes aren’t a problem for me. Folks with hundreds of presets might have more cause for caution.
True, but you still have to know what to tweak if your preset sounds different.

Back
Top Bottom