Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Release

Were there any changes made to the Lonestar model? My preset seems to be more polite - less bite - than it was before this update. My other presets sound the same. I don't think it's my imagination.

Preset attached in the interest of following Rule #1 :)

Attachments

• Lonestar.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Were there any changes made to the Lonestar model? My preset seems to be more polite - less bite - than it was before this update. My other presets sound the same. I don't think it's my imagination.

Preset attached in the interest of following Rule #1 :)
There were no changes to the modeling or that model.

just quickly went thru all the new algorithms in the multitap, plex and flanger. Good god there's a lot of awesomeness in there, wow! amazing, simply amazing. As always, nice work and thank you Fractal.

The small bug of the IR Player 6 dB lower in volume than the Cab Block is still present.

Also, for the IR Player, it does display IR numbers one number off from the Cab Player: e.g., # 811 in the IR Player is # 810 in the Cab Block.

The small bug of the IR Player 6 dB lower in volume than the Cab Block is still present.

Also, for the IR Player, it does display IR numbers one number off from the Cab Player: e.g., # 811 in the IR Player is # 810 in the Cab Block.
That's not a bug. The IR Player block does not attempt to normalize the volume as it is a generic convolution player and doesn't know whether the IR is a cabinet IR or some other type of IR (i.e., reverb, violin, etc.).

The number display appears to be a minor display issue in Axe-Edit.

That's not a bug. The IR Player block does not attempt to normalize the volume as it is a generic convolution player and doesn't know whether the IR is a cabinet IR or some other type of IR (i.e., reverb, violin, etc.).

No problem. Thanks for clarifying. I thought they used to be the same volume when you loaded the same IR; maybe I was wrong in the way I remembered it.

The number display appears to be a minor display issue in Axe-Edit.

I checked this one with the unit itself, not with Axe-Edit.

I'm noticing a big difference on patches where I was using the JFET compressor. I read earlier in the thread that the Threshold parameter was removed for this type of compressor (as well as some others). For me, the net effect has increased the signal to the amp somewhat. Making my amps more saturated. I'll need to play around with this a bit to see if I can attain the same response that I had prior to the update. Backing off the gain on the amp just isn't the same.

The beginning strat tone in this clip was what I had with 17.00. It's an Orange AD30 but it's now quite a bit more saturated. I downgraded back to 17.00 to investigate a little more and see if I can get the same in 17.01. I don't think there's need for me to post the patch as there isn't an issue.

Back
Top Bottom