Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

You can pay an extra fee, it's not much to cover the return shipping if there is a problem otherwise shipping is up to you.

That's what it costs after the brokerage fees, shipping etc. Obviously the high the dollar the lower it costs.

Hmm i have no idea how to do this but it sure sounds interesting.

Well we will have to wait and see what the price is from Independent. I have a foot in both camps, both points of view are valid.

Having said that I was going to buy an Ultra in the past, I know things have changed, but I just couldn't bring myself to order one from Independent. At the time it was about $3,300 (I can't remember that exact figure, it was about that) and I had to wait minimum over a month. If I lived in New Zealand I could buy direct from Fractal, or I could have used a broker, completely legally, warranty intact, and had it shipped to me within a few days for around $2300AUD.

Flame away if you will but with a difference of over a grand It's hard to see how I was getting a fair go.

Almost makes me glad there's no distributor here in NZ. No distributor, lower cost.... if there was a distributor some hope of actually getting one.... hmmm

;)

1. Take your AFX 1 with you to canada in a 2 space rack case.
2. Sell AFX1 when you get there.
3. Buy AFX2.
4. Return with AFX2 in 2 space rack case.

Will they know the difference?

lol unless you have a very wide window of time I'd be seriously impressed if someone could actually pull this off :)

Cheers,
Steve

Soooooo.... has anyone got any insider news as to whether or not the aussie distributor will be assigned any of the first run units?

Soooooo.... has anyone got any insider news as to whether or not the aussie distributor will be assigned any of the first run units?

I sure hope so! might ring IM, (or Cliff! :p jks). I am going to record an album in Melbourne in July and would love to have the axe-fx 2 to play with.

Andrew IM, please put me out of my misery do you know if you will be getting any of the first run units allocated to you?

Price please Andrew, thanks.

It's probably a bit hard for them to give a price right now, if they name a price before the axe's are actually shipping from the usa to australia and the aussie dollar shits itself then they could be in a spot of bother.

would just like to know from andrew, were there many people on the waitlist (if there was one still) for the ultra? Do they get transfered to the list for the II?

I know next to nothing about running a successful business, but surely the posts above hoping for a $2.5K price are kidding themselves and setting themselves up for disappointment? The unit is $2.2K USD, plus at least $400 for import fees, duty, GST and who knows what else, and we're already over the wishful $2.5K. If you were running a distributorship/shop with product support, staff, other admin costs and profit expectations, that's more again.

Nice misquote. I'll clarify the parts which you decided to infer:

Hoping?... no. Potential disappointment?... no. Viewing $2.5K as a realistic or viable Aussie retail price?...not really.

This was a figure which was merely raised (as an indicator as to the total costs of privately importing) for consideration in the decision over whether to buy locally or not.

Some of us apply lateral thinking and consider all options in making reasonably significant purchases.

Anyway, for the sake of warranty, convenience and support to local business, I for one will be extremely happy to purchase locally so long as the price does not grossly exceed the respective costs to import privately... and if it does, it will only affect my decision - not my emotions or views toward the distributor, etc.

I'm sure it'll sell for a little bit more than the last lot of ultra's sold for.

The big question is whether or not we will have the same supply issues as previous.

I'm sure it'll sell for a little bit more than the last lot of ultra's sold for.
IM said at the weekend it would be a couple of hundred more than the ultra, it was a throwaway comment though so its not in stone. I import commercially myself so perfectly understand there's no way they'll fix the sale price until they have a firm buy price/exchange rate/fee structure.

Back
Top Bottom