Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

You need to tame the bass in your room, play your favourite song on your monitors in your room and sit in the middle, stand in each corner, lie on the floor, stand on a chair. It all sounds the same right.......well it should but I bet it doesnt, thats why you need bass traps. Bass traps dont have to be expensive, you can build them yourself with a little bit of timber, some cloth, a staple gun and some no more nails, oh yeah and some accoustic pinkbatts.

Google is your friend but this forum is amazing for info
Studio building / acoustics - Gearslutz.com

first things that came up in youtube
YouTube - ‪How to make a Bass Trap Acoustic Panel (Tutorial)‬‏
YouTube - ‪Studio Bass Trap Build and Test‬‏

Hey no worries, anything to take my mind of the FXii, man its like life is running in slow motion, hurry up all ready haha

I'll join the club!

what a product to create this kind of interest thou!
doesn't help that attention spans are getting shorter everyday!!

Hi Cliff, just wondering if you can put us Aussies out of our misery and let us know when we will have axe2's in our neck of the woods.

The anticipation for the axeII has turned me into an obsessive compulsive, i've cleaned my DAW desk up and made space for the axe with a usb cable from the pc and in position ready for where the axe will be, there's an rj cable running from my MFC to the desk, two balanced cables one to my mbox the other into my wharfedale frfr.
It's all just sitting there ready for the axe, it's like a mini shrine that i check & double check every night when i get home from work.....I've lost it.
I've also been contemplating which bridge i will jump from if i don't get an axeII soon :)

yeah the pricing is a worry , if its avalible in europe why not here yet?

I got a feeling its so people don't jump ship and try to get on from the states when they first get released.....

It surprises me that a distributor doesn't have pricing this close to release, but then I'm not what you'd call business savvy or anything.

yeah the pricing is a worry , if its avalible in europe why not here yet?

I got a feeling its so people don't jump ship and try to get on from the states when they first get released.....

I think it would have the opposite effect, no pricing or info may make people panic and order from the US for fear of missing out.

I'm sure there's a legit reason we have no info, I just wish I knew what it was...

Cheers.

Last edited:
Maybe we are not that close to having them here.....I hope that's not the case though.

I am starting to worry that there are none of the first batch units allocated to australia which is why IM have no info available yet.

If this is the case then it wouldn't be in IM's best interest to share that info as alot of us aussies might try to buy direct rather than wait for the next batch.

Last edited:
Maybe we are not that close to having them here.....I hope that's not the case though.

I am starting to worry that there are none of the first batch units allocated to australia which is why IM have no info available yet.

If this is the case then it wouldn't be in IM's best interest to share that info as all us aussies would try to buy direct rather than wait for the next batch.
From Andrew IM a couple of pages back - sounds like we'll get some of the first run (well assuming G66 & other distributors etc do)

"Hi Guys, We'll be getting Axe-Fx II's the same time as all of the other distributors which I'm presuming will be the first run. We had a chanced to speak with Tom from Fractal this morning, and as soon as we have more news on availability and pricing we'll post via the Axe-Fx II waiting list"

and that's why i am worried, if they were going to be amongst next weeks lot IM would have prices and info by now.

Well, G66 (EU) and ToneMerchants (US) both have their pricing and have been taking preorders. That's all I'm saying...

Cheers.

Bumping this thread, there must be some news by now. Still no word from IM about price or availability.

So who's decided to go the direct from the U.S. route?

I personally had no intention of doing so but with no news on what is or isn't coming to the aussie distributor I am getting really antsy, and with the U.S. sales commencing imminently I am note sure which way to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom