Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

At the end of the day it will all workout about the same for people that currently own an axefx.
If IM sell them for $2500 the used price on axe1 will drop to $1500ish so $1k difference, if IM sell them for $3k then the used axe1 will sell around $2k.
The only way you would get around that paradigm is by buying direct, but i distinctly remember some people that got in on the first version of the axe early needing some support for a few issues, if you bought from the states and had this happen your screwed.

We the consumers have all the power. With the dollar above parity, the free trade agreement, shipping prices coming down all the time the heat is on independent to not rip us off. Sure, they should make their cut but seriously if its over $2500 I will be using other methods. Group buy through Bongo anyone? (hush hush) :)

QUOTE=rickgk;494043] but i distinctly remember some people that got in on the first version of the axe early needing some support for a few issues, if you bought from the states and had this happen your screwed.[/QUOTE]

I was one of those that imported my Ultra from the USA in the early days.
I eventually had hardware issues with midi and paid to have it fixed locally.
I was fine with that as i knew the risks but.....i was lead on a bit of a wild goose chase as there was a lot of AUS/USA correspondence about me getting a warranty repair (which i believed WAS the case) but got saddled with a bill.
I didn't complain because i took my chances originally but i would have had the repair done weeks earlier if i'd known i would ultimately be paying anyhow.
Even with the above experience, if the price was right i'd do it again but in those days there was no choice because Fractal didn't export to Oz.
Now we DO have a choice.

I read on the euro thread that their waiting list on 'old' orders for axe1 is over 1000 and that their first shipment of axe2's is for 500units, ominous signs for us Aussies I think.

I read on the euro thread that their waiting list on 'old' orders for axe1 is over 1000 and that their first shipment of axe2's is for 500units, ominous signs for us Aussies I think.

judging by the euro price as well....not looking good here :(

The G66 price was always really high. There might be really high tariffs in EU, I don't know, but it still seems a bit crazy to have a 60% or higher markup above RRP. IIRC, when I got my Ultra in the States, they were 2x RRP.

Wow I'm impressed to see so many aussies keen for Axe gear... Count me in to the hoards of people hanging out for the Axe II.

Quick question... with the current models if you do import them from o/s do you need some weird power converter or does it have the internals to handle AU power off the bat?

100-240VAC

The Axe is the same worldwide (aside from G66 changing the fan). No additional transformers required.

We the consumers have all the power. With the dollar above parity, the free trade agreement, shipping prices coming down all the time the heat is on independent to not rip us off. Sure, they should make their cut but seriously if its over $2500 I will be using other methods. Group buy through Bongo anyone? (hush hush) :)

I may be interested in ‘alternative methods’ however I am concerned about the warranty being void !!!:(
I agree that anymore than $2500 is paying too much and unfortunately I think the likelihood of it being around the $2800 - $3000 mark is very high. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

Also do any of you know how many of us (Aussies) are on this forum ? - there is approx’ 30 from what I have seen recently ?

Yeah lots of aussies using them now, i just want one asap.

Taking the risk of buying direct with no warranty is a pretty big one on a first run of units.
I wouldn't hesitate to get a std or ultra direct because they have been around ages and the kinks worked out, but first run I dunno that's a big risk.
I guess i would be tempted to go with whatever method it takes to get one the fastest, direct or from the distributor.

Yeah lots of aussies using them now, i just want one asap.

Taking the risk of buying direct with no warranty is a pretty big one on a first run of units.
I wouldn't hesitate to get a std or ultra direct because they have been around ages and the kinks worked out, but first run I dunno that's a big risk.
I guess i would be tempted to go with whatever method it takes to get one the fastest, direct or from the distributor.

as high as the quality is , yeah always a risk!

I am guessing around the $3200 - $3500 mark once they reach our shores.

I agree that $2500 should be expected pricing, but that never seems to be the case with musical items over here. I saw an Eleven Rack at a local music store yesterday for $1400!!

Just for the record - USD$2199 is the end user pricing. Distributors will get the unit at a discounted price based on their agreement to commit to volume purchasing etc. So the actual buy price will be less. At current exchange rates, and even with customs fees and GST (Note: NO import duties on effects processors) $2500 is still leaving PLENTY of margin for profit.

I bought a second hand Ultra two months ago for USD$1800 from a member on TGP. Once freight was added, plus customs fees and GST, it cost me AUD$2250. Totally happy with that.

I am guessing around the $3200 - $3500 mark once they reach our shores.

I agree that $2500 should be expected pricing, but that never seems to be the case with musical items over here. I saw an Eleven Rack at a local music store yesterday for $1400!!

Just for the record - USD$2199 is the end user pricing. Distributors will get the unit at a discounted price based on their agreement to commit to volume purchasing etc. So the actual buy price will be less. At current exchange rates, and even with customs fees and GST (Note: NO import duties on effects processors) $2500 is still leaving PLENTY of margin for profit.

I bought a second hand Ultra two months ago for USD$1800 from a member on TGP. Once freight was added, plus customs fees and GST, it cost me AUD$2250. Totally happy with that.

I got stung with import duties when i got my ultra pre-aussie distributor.

I got stung with import duties when i got my ultra pre-aussie distributor.

Did you declare it as an amplifier? Amps have a duty of around 5% from memory, but effects pedals etc. have 0%, which is why I filled it in as an 'effects processor' (can't remember the customs code for that) and didn't have to pay the duty component.

DID have to pay a silly 'filing fee' of around $60 or something, which was crazy...paying THEM for the privilege of filling out a couple of long winded forms!

Oh yeah, and anyone who goes down this path - be prepared to WAIT. It took just on 2 weeks for my Ultra to clear customs and get to me. It takes 5 working days to process the forms you send in, then they have to send you an invoice, and it takes a further 3 days to process your payment. Include the initial shipping time from US to Aussie customs and I was waiting for just over 3 weeks to get my device from doing the initial deal!!

Email from Independant Music with waiting list link etc

Attachments

• Independant Music email.jpg
    Independant Music email.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 60
As much as i want the Axe 2 I'm OK with it taking a while to get to Aus. I am having so much fun with my Ultra and after the Firmware v11 update I'm now getting such amazing results that i will just keep delving into what the Ultra can offer until my name comes up for the Axe 2.

As much as i want the Axe 2 I'm OK with it taking a while to get to Aus. I am having so much fun with my Ultra and after the Firmware v11 update I'm now getting such amazing results that i will just keep delving into what the Ultra can offer until my name comes up for the Axe 2.

And that's the way i should be too, i have had the ultra for 2 years and i haven't even begun to scratch the surface of it's capabilities but i am just the type of guy that NEEDS to have the axeII now, it's an illness i tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom