Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

When did you get that? i have seen nothing from them.

Did they have a list of names yet?
Got it 10 mins or so ago in response to an email I sent a couple of days ago.
The list is the IM AFII waiting list referenced earlier in the thread.
I don't know if they have generated an actual ordered list of names yet, and I don't want to hassle them any more by asking 'where am I', but looking at my emails I have a 'subscription confirmed' email that i was added to the list on 10 May. I hope it's early enough to get in on round 1.

Oh ok, i thought it must have been a mass email to everyone.

I must be pretty close to the start of the list, i was all over IM the minute the countdown ended on the fractal site.

and while we wait here at the bottom of the world...
checked out the scuffham s-gear software amp due to other peoples suggestions- it sounds great and it uses redwirez! thanks for the tip Rick

Got it 10 mins or so ago in response to an email I sent a couple of days ago.
The list is the IM AFII waiting list referenced earlier in the thread.
I don't know if they have generated an actual ordered list of names yet, and I don't want to hassle them any more by asking 'where am I', but looking at my emails I have a 'subscription confirmed' email that i was added to the list on 10 May. I hope it's early enough to get in on round 1.

I think mine was the 12th of may ...I thought I did it right when the list came out? hmmmm

I think mine was the 12th of may ...I thought I did it right when the list came out? hmmmm

Yeah - I emailed them straight after the countdown about price etc which was a couple of days before they sent the global email about the AFII and the list etc. They gave me a link to the list on the 9th but I didn't sign myself up until the 10th

Yeah - I emailed them straight after the countdown about price etc which was a couple of days before they sent the global email about the AFII and the list etc. They gave me a link to the list on the 9th but I didn't sign myself up until the 10th

hmmm I was home that day and certain I got the sign up message and did it straight after but appears it was a few days earlier :(

:lolIf you miss out we'll have to get you the Boss 'Heavy Metal' pedal (now that you already have the DS1-1 & Metal Zone)

Hopefully it's PCB is also populated with through-hole components and no SMD's so you can mod it easily (as per the DS1) ;)

With those 3 pedals it might help you refrain from killing us :D .....for a while at least :shock

Last edited:
I think this is how I got on the list on the 10th...

- emailed IM on the 9th about availability
- IM said 'no idea' but they would keep everyone informed via facebook etc and the AFII List
- I emailed back and asked if I could go on the list
- IM sent me a link to the list...so I signed myself up

I think they then did a global email to previous customers etc on the 12th

I just upgraded my line 6 guitarport to a Pod X3 Live.... I needed something in my live rig that sounded decent as well as something to record on my pc with the ability to reamp (apparently the HD500 can't do this).

All of this faffing about will be shunted when the AxeII ships :)

... Then the only thing the x3 live will be good for is the expression pedal :)

I think it only fair that we compete in hand to hand combat to sort out the pecking order.

:lol Agreed !

...and the first one of us to receive an Axe II must do a video review showing some of the features/patches while a hot chick with large lung capacity holds the Axe (i.e. 'rack'-mounted :D)

:lol Agreed !

...and the first one of us to receive an Axe II must do a video review showing some of the features/patches while a hot chick with large lung capacity holds the Axe (i.e. 'rack'-mounted :D)

Rack Mounted, love that.

:lolIf you miss out we'll have to get you the Boss 'Heavy Metal' pedal (now that you already have the DS1-1 & Metal Zone)

Hopefully it's PCB is also populated with through-hole components and no SMD's so you can mod it easily (as per the DS1) ;)

From memory, my MIJ HM-2 is mostly SMD. Been a while since I looked though, so maybe I'm getting it confused with something else.

My HM-2 is also a part of my band practice rig, until I get some proper band-level amplification for the Axe-FX. Bad Monkey in front to tighten it up, Boss PQ-4 after it to shape the high end a bit. :lol

Back
Top Bottom