Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Well it's enabling me to get my finances in order...so 1-2 months... bring it on!! If they were here tomorrow, I probably wouldn't have enough dosh

Well it's enabling me to get my finances in order...so 1-2 months... bring it on!! If they were here tomorrow, I probably wouldn't have enough dosh

That's probably going to cause issues in itself, those that can't afford one now have a couple months to save, then we all have to fight like cats and dogs over the stock they do get. People will miss out, which sucks for those of us that are ready to pay up now.

I guess we are hit with the newer price as well?

thanks for the update

I would hope not. IMs buy price should remain the same since FA are still selling most IIs for $2199 for people on the waiting list, and its not like the manufacturing cost has increased.

That's probably going to cause issues in itself, those that can't afford one now have a couple months to save, then we all have to fight like cats and dogs over the stock they do get. People will miss out, which sucks for those of us that are ready to pay up now.
I think the fairest thing is to go in order of the waiting list

I think the fairest thing is to go in order of the waiting list

True, though nobody has been able to get confirmation from IM whether or not the list that went up when the axe2 was announced is an actual waiting list that runs in order, or just a general list to keep updated on developments with the axe2.

True, though nobody has been able to get confirmation from IM whether or not the list that went up when the axe2 was announced is an actual waiting list that runs in order, or just a general list to keep updated on developments with the axe2.
I don't think an ordered waiting list was their original intent - but I think they should consider it now. I assume AU/NZ demand is going to be a lot higher than originally thought and will outstrip the number of units ordered. So I don't think IM need to worry 'are we going to be able to sell all the units'. So given the units will all sell (super quick I imagine) - then it would be appropriate to go about the sales in a manner which will cause the least amount of grief for all involved. A free-for-all at the online store would be the worst outcome IMO and is not very equitable. At least with an ordered waiting list there is a rationale behind who gets what when - it makes sense.

Andrew (from IM) said yesterday that the shipment they are expecting in 1-2 months is (at this stage) an unknown quantity. And I quote (as accurately as I can) “...we wanted to buy enough units for everyone on the list but it is doubtful that FA can supply that many in the first order, even the guys in the US are having difficulty getting them”.

So I think it is obvious that ‘some’ people will miss out on the first batch that land here even if you are on the list.:cry

I just hope that we can get some solid info on pricing sooner rather than later. I have no problems waiting 1-2 months to purchase from IM at a reasonable price but if that "guesstimate" of the mid $2000's turns into the $3k range then i'll pass and try my luck elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom