Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Best of luck to everyone, I hope we all get one soon. I wish all this wasnt so cloak and daggers. I wish Fractal or IM said "we have this many allready on a waiting list not counting verbal interest and we have ordered this amount for or first batch, or fractal has allocated this amount to us for this time frame"

Best of luck to everyone, I hope we all get one soon. I wish all this wasnt so cloak and daggers. I wish Fractal or IM said "we have this many allready on a waiting list not counting verbal interest and we have ordered this amount for or first batch, or fractal has allocated this amount to us for this time frame"

+1 although to be fair I think Andrew is giving us all the info he has.

Cheers

+1 although to be fair I think Andrew is giving us all the info he has.

Cheers

Correct, he's in a difficult position – totally not within his control. In fact I think he has done well given that some guys in the US will still not have them in 1-2 months time. And also a thanks to Cliff for allocating ’some’ stock to us Aussies also !!! ....he could have decided to send none until the US guys had all their orders filled !

...I’M GASING HARD FOR THIS THING ! ...AAAAAAHHHHHHHH !:(

Ahah! I actually have a Boss Distortion and a Metal Zone (both completely gutted and rebuilt of course!) I might break them out while I wait for the Axe II.

Don't do it! Not sure how modded your pedals are but I'm playing through an ME 50 at the moment (sold my GSP1101 to fund the axe) and hating every moment of it :lol

Cheers

I posted this in another thread but I'll share here too.
I've been trying out the scuffham s-gear software amp and it's very very good, it lacks a bit on the high gain side of things but I use the free ts808 plugin up front and that does the trick.
It sounds excellent (probably the best cleans to mid gains I have heard from any modeler) and feels great under the fingers.
It's very basic in features but it does what it does very well.

The other one that I am really enjoying is overloud th2, it has loads of features sounds great and has a very low CPU load compared to s-gear.

I have tried guitar rig and amplitube3 but they just don't compare.

Hey Rick,

I might just have to bring the Ultra down with me to Tassie on my next visit to help quell all of your withdrawal pains......although that might not be the best idea, as I might not get it back out of your hands......

Mic

Don't do it! Not sure how modded your pedals are but I'm playing through an ME 50 at the moment (sold my GSP1101 to fund the axe) and hating every moment of it :lol

Cheers

...while I'm waiting for the Axe II

photo.jpg

Well I've been in touch with Rob from Tone Merchants in Hollywood and he will open a new wait list in late July for August delivery. If you have someone in California you can get it shipped to (and only in California) then send him an email.

I'm ahead of you on the waiting list however - whoever you may be.

Hey Rick,

I might just have to bring the Ultra down with me to Tassie on my next visit to help quell all of your withdrawal pains......although that might not be the best idea, as I might not get it back out of your hands......

Mic

Well i've got to be honest i spent the whole weekend playing with the Scuffham and Overloud software amps and I am so impressed with both of them that my gas for an Axe2 is in check for the time being.

They both sound and feel fantastic, the Scuffham probably edges out overloud for clean to mid gain tones but the Overloud is fantastic for higher gain tones, between the two i am covered for now.

The only problem is the cpu overheads for recording, obviously i won't get nearly as many tracks down as I could when using the axefx.

But for someone that just wants to record and has a high end pc, or even just jam at home (they both have a standalone app as well as vst plugin) then you can't go wrong with these two.

Regardless of the cost difference between these and the axe they still stack up pretty darn well against it.

ALERT! ALERT!

Big news from IM just received in an email from Andrew...

'We will offer people on the list in the order that they appear on the list the opportunity to prepay for an Axe-Fx II when we have a definite shipping date'

Back
Top Bottom