Axe for Lemur ready for beta testers

Here's the updated template.
It still has some bugs. I discovered 2 of them. One is brought by my mod. If Link is ON and you select Mic Left the text of the Mic Right Updates. If you want to select another Mic Left on the dialog box you will see the actual mic highlighted. If you select Mic Right in the dialog box you will see the previously selected Mic Right, not the actual one.
The other bug is if you select Mic L or R, than you want to select Cab L or R than the dialog box will not have the actual cab highlighted, instead it always shows "1x12 Bogafunk (OH)".
If you select Mic L than Cab L will be messed up in the dialog box, if you select Mic R than Cab R will be messed up in the dialog box.

Later edit (2:05AM): file in the link updated, my bugs corrected.

P.S.: Editing my bug created another one in a special situation. If you had Link ON, selected Mic/Cab R and pressing OK without changing anything, the Mic/Cab R doesn't updated at first press if you set Link Off and press again Mic/Cab R. That one is corrected also. (BTW, I am very sleepy now)

P.S.2: I can see now why AxeEdit TNP is coming "soon"... (aka so sloooooooowly)

Last edited:
Just saw the Lemur 4.0 announcement. What do you think Scrutinizer? Does being able to edit on the iPad limit the memory available for projects? That was my only fear.

Does anybody else get sketchy performance from the wifi/Lemur Daemon/USB path? I'm finding that any problems there are hard to troubleshoot. First, I ALWAYS have to do the Lemur Daemon setup every time I connect. Why won't it save my setup? Second, sometimes I'll just lose connection. I'm never really sure if it's connected or not because I typically leave the real time sysex messages off in my AxeFx. Guess I just need to leave the tempo on so I can tell? Third, I've had the USB bug where my AxeFx screen goes blank and it locks up. It did that right in the middle of playing one time. Anybody else seeing this stuff?

I do not have problems with Daemon on Win7 but I do have to resync from time to time the MIDI Out on my iPad.
I downloaded, installed Lemur 4.01, the editor crashes on me (both WinXP and Win7). I cannot edit at all the Axe template.
On the iPad the v4 Lemur is working OK, the template is OK.
BTW, I found further bugs in my edited template, kind of repaired them. Also lowered "Zoom" font size, for v4 it was too big. You can download the actual template from post 181.

Last edited:
I installed Lemur 4 on my IPad and now none of my settings info shows up - anyone else experience this?

Cancel that - my wireless went for dump - all is well now.

Last edited:
Just saw the Lemur 4.0 announcement. What do you think Scrutinizer? Does being able to edit on the iPad limit the memory available for projects? That was my only fear.
No problems here with Lemur 4.

Does anybody else get sketchy performance from the wifi/Lemur Daemon/USB path? I'm finding that any problems there are hard to troubleshoot. First, I ALWAYS have to do the Lemur Daemon setup every time I connect. Why won't it save my setup?
How are you selecting the Lemur Midi Targets? When I select Daemon Output 0 and Daemon Input 0 using the Settings page in the Lemur ipad app, it remembers the settings when I restart Lemur. But when I select "Midi Out" and "Midi In", which is the AxeFXII, the Lemur app sometimes forgets the settings when I restart the app. I think the issue is related to the way the AxeFXII can be turned off while the Lemur Daemon is running.

Second, sometimes I'll just lose connection. I'm never really sure if it's connected or not because I typically leave the real time sysex messages off in my AxeFx. Guess I just need to leave the tempo on so I can tell?
I see this, maybe once every hour or two. The Lemur app drops the outgoing connection sometimes, and I have to go back to the settings page on the ipad to reselect Daemon Input 0. Check out the Liine forum, I know that other users are having similar issues.

Wish I had an answer for this, I hope Liine can find and fix the problem. And I hope it is not so severe that you can't use my template. If so, please try to contact Liine tech support, maybe they can suggest a better way that provides a reliable connection.
Third, I've had the USB bug where my AxeFx screen goes blank and it locks up. It did that right in the middle of playing one time. Anybody else seeing this stuff?
I have not seen this. But it is possible to cause a lockup if you start adjusting parameters of a block that does not exist in the current preset. The 1st gen AxeFX units will lockup almost immediately when doing this. The AxeFXII can usually handle it, but in my experience can lock up if I start moving faders before tapping GetAll or tap-holding one of the buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Would it be possible for you to post the older versions. I'm having an issue with Lemur crashing with the latest version but 199b4 works fine. I think it might be because I'm running FW 8.01 on the Axe FX II and the newest Lemur template is made for FW 9.02? I will likely be updating to 9.02 but just wanted to play a bit with the older version. Is there one right before 199b9 that I could try?

What an amazing job you've done!! This is fantastic and fun!

Would it be possible for you to post the older versions. I'm having an issue with Lemur crashing with the latest version but 199b4 works fine. I think it might be because I'm running FW 8.01 on the Axe FX II and the newest Lemur template is made for FW 9.02? I will likely be updating to 9.02 but just wanted to play a bit with the older version. Is there one right before 199b9 that I could try?

What an amazing job you've done!! This is fantastic and fun!
Thanks!

All of the old versions are still in my public-dropbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b2.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b3.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b4.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b5.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b6.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b7.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b8.zip

For some reason, my Mac is unable to unzip this file. What gives? I try to use Zipeg but an error message comes up.

Help.

Two things:
1) what does jzml stand for? It wont read that file

2) I'm thinking maybe the ".199b9.zip," is the issue. With 2 periods on the zip file name, I think my comp is confused.

I'll try that new jzml file again.

....question: should I be trying to unzip the file on my computer or should I find an app to do it on my iPad?

Two things:
1) what does jzml stand for? It wont read that file

2) I'm thinking maybe the ".199b9.zip," is the issue. With 2 periods on the zip file name, I think my comp is confused.

I'll try that new jzml file again.

....question: should I be trying to unzip the file on my computer or should I find an app to do it on my iPad?
jzml is the file type used by the Lemur editor for templates.

Is the Lemur app installed on the iPad? Is the Lemur Editor installed on your mac? Is the Lemur Daemon running?
Lemur - Liine

Yo Scrutinizer i have it running great with my iPad 2 and iRig but some of the patches i am using have tone match and doesn't seem to be on there, can you advise if this is on your 'To-Do' list or is this not being added?

Cheers

Allen

Yo Scrutinizer i have it running great with my iPad 2 and iRig but some of the patches i am using have tone match and doesn't seem to be on there, can you advise if this is on your 'To-Do' list or is this not being added?

Cheers

Allen
Are you wanting to control the bypass state of the Tone Match blocks? Or do you want to control the parameters in the Tone Match block?

Are you wanting to control the bypass state of the Tone Match blocks? Or do you want to control the parameters in the Tone Match block?

I am looking to control the Parameters in the Tone Match section, like you can do with cab or drive.

Last edited:
I am looking to control the Parameters, like you can do with cab or drive.
Look for the little circle that shows percent memory used. You'll see the current setup is at 97% memory used.

If we had a template that removed the controllers and looper, we'd probably have enough to add what you're talking about. We can have multiple templates because users can modify and post their templates. That means users will need to update their templates when new firmware (and thus new scrutinizer template) comes out.

For example, I took the latest template and put the amps I use most in upper case on the amp select window.

Back
Top Bottom