Axe-Fest Live Report

Matt was awesome. He did a great job orchestrating the event. It was great to meet Craig and Kerry and Sean and all the Scotts (of which I am one), and Lawrence, and Cooper. I really enjoyed hanging with Ryan as well and talking a bit with Cliff. I flew down from Washington State. It was well worth the trip.

Tosin Abasi was a revelation. Completely awesome musician and very humble and friendly. His performance was definitely a highlight.

It was a great event.
Great to meet you as we'll. it was an awesome event.

Again, I would like to thank everyone who put the event together. It was exciting and super informative. I got my goal of learning more about the Axe-Fx, as well as putting faces to the names of some of the forum members. Quite surreal. I also found out first hand how much of a monster and energetic genius is Matt. He couldn't stay at one place for more than 10 seconds.

I would have like to talk and hang out more or jammed with the guys but I know they are super busy and stuff.

Hope to see you guys again soon.

No kidding about Matt. I had the honor of shadowing him since Wednesday. We were gone first thing in the morning and didn't get back until way in the middle of the night. Nonstop, before,during, and after axefest west.

That's funny a few of us were saying the same about you when we heard you were there. I was the guy with longer hair by the soundboard, wiring things up,band such.

On the first day, the only reason I recognized you, Sean is because you posted a pic of one of your gigs. I got to know who zent is when he said "I'm zentman" to some people. I guess you can recognize me there cause I'm a one of the few Asian guys there. Anyways, name tags as suggested would be a great idea if you guys are planning on doing an event like this.

we did introductions Sunday before the first event.

I left at 6:30 Sunday. Four hour drive ya know. Very, very glad I went. BTW, it was the first time in three years I have heard an Axe Fx live. I play one but have never heard one from the audience in a mix. If I sound half that good out front I'm happy. ;)

I just got home from California, I woke Groovenut up at 4:00 am this morning and I said let's go. It took about 6 hrs to get home, and I imagine Groovenut should almost be getting home by now, he had about another hour getting back to Mesa from my house.

it will take a couple days to reflect on my experiences from this event. Such an incredible group of people, who seem to like Mexican food...;-)

The way home was a treat it flew by. I'm Not sure if anyone knows but Groovenut has been building amps for 10 years, so I learned a lot on the way home. I made a lot of great friends this weekend, so thank you all.

The cool thing I did do on saturday was to buy myself a Matrix GT1000FX. I can't wait to play with it. Thanks Matt and Mark.

The cool thing I did do on saturday was to buy myself a Matrix GT1000FX. I can't wait to play with it. Thanks Matt and Mark.

I just played with it. WOW!!!!! PS.... I know that sounded bad.
I maxed Output 2 and brought up the A channel as I have it bridged at the moment, and man this sings. An Atomica preset through the GT1000FX through an old beat up Line 6 Flextone 212s cabinet, with the cab modeling still engaged and it sounds wickedly good. I imagine it would sound better with a better cab, not to say that this sounds bad, because it honestly doesn't. I'll mess with the FX loop and taking off cab modeling for the loop tomorrow.

Good stuff Matrix.

Just got home!

From the reactions it seems like everyone had a good time! It was great to meet so many forum members, presenters, and artists. I will write up a post later with my impressions and sincere THANK YOU'S to certain individuals that went WAY above and beyond in assisting. It was really great to see everyone come together and making this past weekend a success!

Glad u all had a wonderful time there.. I plan to attend if we can get an East coast one together. Question though
for those who attended. What model Eaw's were used for the demos there as several people seemed to really
like them. I have been trying to decide what to buy and this is a brand I hadnt considered. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

we did introductions Sunday before the first event.
blarg I wasn't there for Sunday. Even still, I didn't say hi to anyone, which I really regret. I was in such a stupor and extremely tired that I had trouble forming coherent sentences as was made apparent when I asked James about the whole paradigm shift in audio engineering. I observed famous forumites and they are all grand people.

For those of you who have not seen Cliff in person, he strikes me as the kind of guy whos more on the reserved side, has a bit of a southern? Accent, humble dude, and of course is the master of the Axe Fx. His explanation on preamp gain and power amp gain was pretty awesome. Cliff also has a riff/technique that he uses for tone matching amps with the Axe Fx called "Cliff Boogie" which made sense and also made me chuckle.

I did happen to say hi to m@ and he is a very energetic, knowledgeable, goofy and friendly guy.

(i was that kid with the goofy deadmau5 hat :razz)

I have to chime and say thanks again to Kerry/Craig/Scott/etc. for putting it all together. Really a fun and inspiring weekend for all Frac-Heads.

Sammetal91 -- Next time DO introduce yourself!!!

Since no one else has mentioned, from what I overheard they were going to try and demo the new AxeEdit, but it sounded like a visual bug popped up before Axe-Fest and they couldn't squash it in time for the show.

TT

blarg I wasn't there for Sunday. Even still, I didn't say hi to anyone, which I really regret. I was in such a stupor and extremely tired that I had trouble forming coherent sentences as was made apparent when I asked James about the whole paradigm shift in audio engineering. I observed famous forumites and they are all grand people.

For those of you who have not seen Cliff in person, he strikes me as the kind of guy whos more on the reserved side, has a bit of a southern? Accent, humble dude, and of course is the master of the Axe Fx. His explanation on preamp gain and power amp gain was pretty awesome. Cliff also has a riff/technique that he uses for tone matching amps with the Axe Fx called "Cliff Boogie" which made sense and also made me chuckle.

I did happen to say hi to m@ and he is a very energetic, knowledgeable, goofy and friendly guy.

(i was that kid with the goofy deadmau5 hat :razz)

Cliff has a classic New England accent :)

Back
Top Bottom