Bug? Axe-Edit not saving preset changes in 'Manage'

I am on the road starting Sunday until May 11....so won't really have time to do a more comprehensive test/example on sequence until after. For now things seem stable as long as I stay away from rearranging through Manage Presets and just do it one by one through "save preset to new location".

Will try to find down time and maybe do a screen capture as suggested by Yek.

Cheers

Those of you having problems: are you using factory presets (stock or modifier)? 3rd party presets? Custom presets? Di you ever use any 3rd party app to modify your preset data?

99% of my presets are homemade. I'll always start with my own layout and any elements that I incorporate from 3rd party presets will generally be by eyeballing settings and then adapting it to my preferences/needs. The exception would be IRs which come from a number of providers. Rarely use stock factory presets but will reference same as above. I'm editing almost exclusively on Axe-Edit with the occasional live tweak on the front panel (which would be 1-2 value updates at most really). The Marshall 1987x Full Res preset (in the above screenshot) was unable to be moved via Manage and I have not edited that outside Axe-Edit.

If possible, could you submit steps to reproduce the issue (ie, provide the order and locations to which you are moving and renaming the presets)?

I haven't pinned the conflict to reproduce it consistently however I'll be making notes on location / presets / other changes moving forward to identify any factors.

On a related note: Is any one playing USB audio or playing their guitar through the Axe-Fx III when the bug occurs?

Similar to @ARF I'm not using USB for audio monitoring or recording - only for comms to Axe-Edit.

My set-up is...
In 1: EG
Out 1 (L and R) to Ins: Apollo Twin
Apollo to Monitors
Computer audio is monitored through the Apollo as well.

Guitar will be plugged into In 1 on the Axe when using Manage. I'm generally not playing however some accidental or ambient signal may be getting picked up(?).

Organizationally, this does make sense.

What I am really looking for is a step-by-step reproduction that exhibits the bug such as:
1) Move preset 000 to 020
2) Swap preset 001 and 021
3) Rename preset 021
4) Click Save
5) Note that preset 020 is still red.

[Please notes that these steps are fictituous in order to provide an example.]

I was able to finally capture this error while doing a reasonable amount of preset management. Linking the screen capture video for @Michael Pickens and @Admin M@. See here

In this particular case, I was attempting to move a high CPU preset (1987x w/ Full-Res in the name) to another location. It's worth mentioning as others have highlighted the error has occurred with lower CPU and factory presets. I wasn't playing any guitar (was plugged in) or music through the AxeFX when an error occurred.

Approx step by step is below. I'm on Firmware 19.06 and Version 1.11.01 for Axe-Edit.

1) Rearranged 10-15 presets without any issue. Saved as I went along and moved in and out of Manage a couple of times. Note. The preset loaded when attempting the next step was ~70-75% CPU
2) Swapped 1987x w/ Full-Res preset to a new location (slot 28)... Successful. Previous location (slot 49) Axe-Edit was unsuccessful in saving the swapped 'Empty' preset
3) Closed Manage / Reopened... Full-Res preset is still in slot 49.
4) Loaded another preset with a much lower CPU ~70% usage and reattempted to Save... Unsuccessful.
5) Attempted to overwrite with another lower CPU preset... Unsuccessful
6) Loaded Full-Res Preset and cleared manually.
7) Copy, Save new preset to slot 49 // Clear slot 49... Successful

I hope this is helpful!

I was able to finally capture this error while doing a reasonable amount of preset management. Linking the screen capture video for @Michael Pickens and @Admin M@. See here

In this particular case, I was attempting to move a high CPU preset (1987x w/ Full-Res in the name) to another location. It's worth mentioning as others have highlighted the error has occurred with lower CPU and factory presets. I wasn't playing any guitar (was plugged in) or music through the AxeFX when an error occurred.

Approx step by step is below. I'm on Firmware 19.06 and Version 1.11.01 for Axe-Edit.

1) Rearranged 10-15 presets without any issue. Saved as I went along and moved in and out of Manage a couple of times. Note. The preset loaded when attempting the next step was ~70-75% CPU
2) Swapped 1987x w/ Full-Res preset to a new location (slot 28)... Successful. Previous location (slot 49) Axe-Edit was unsuccessful in saving the swapped 'Empty' preset
4) Loaded another preset with a much lower CPU ~70% usage and reattempted to Save... Unsuccessful.

I hope this is helpful!

Hello....nice job on the demo.

I can confirm that all the behavior in the video above is exactly the same as what I experience when working in Manage Presets.

Two things of note for FAS team tracking this:

1/ Notice how the progress bar stalls when it gets to the "red" slot/preset. As though it is trying to resolve an error between source/buffer and target/memory allocation.

2/ Clearing a "red" presets to Empty does not solve the problem, error is carried forward on the cleared preset and can only be saved outside the Manage Presets environment.

Thanks for doing this....100% same as my situation.

Cheers

I hope this is helpful!

Thank you for the video. I will do a bit of investigation.

I have this same issue the the FM3 Turbo using Beta 8 Firmware. If I try to import a purchased patch from a reputable company in a slot that is <EMPTY> (between 390 and 400 the patch will erase if I hit SAVE > move to another patch, then return even after hitting REFRESH, the entire preset vanishes.

But

If I save to the upper 500 slots, it saves as it should.

Could be me, but I have been able to replicate it on a consistent basis.

Suggestions?

I have this same issue the the FM3 Turbo using Beta 8 Firmware. If I try to import a purchased patch from a reputable company in a slot that is <EMPTY> (between 390 and 400 the patch will erase if I hit SAVE > move to another patch, then return even after hitting REFRESH, the entire preset vanishes.

But

If I save to the upper 500 slots, it saves as it should.

Could be me, but I have been able to replicate it on a consistent basis.

Suggestions?
First off, please ensure you post FM3 issues in FM3 forum instead of trying to get help on the AXE III forum.

Second, detail your steps on how you are importing/saving. I have no issues saving within the range you specified.

All saved presets show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom