Bug? Axe-Edit not saving preset changes in 'Manage'

I am on the road starting Sunday until May 11....so won't really have time to do a more comprehensive test/example on sequence until after. For now things seem stable as long as I stay away from rearranging through Manage Presets and just do it one by one through "save preset to new location".

Will try to find down time and maybe do a screen capture as suggested by Yek.

Cheers

Those of you having problems: are you using factory presets (stock or modifier)? 3rd party presets? Custom presets? Di you ever use any 3rd party app to modify your preset data?

99% of my presets are homemade. I'll always start with my own layout and any elements that I incorporate from 3rd party presets will generally be by eyeballing settings and then adapting it to my preferences/needs. The exception would be IRs which come from a number of providers. Rarely use stock factory presets but will reference same as above. I'm editing almost exclusively on Axe-Edit with the occasional live tweak on the front panel (which would be 1-2 value updates at most really). The Marshall 1987x Full Res preset (in the above screenshot) was unable to be moved via Manage and I have not edited that outside Axe-Edit.

If possible, could you submit steps to reproduce the issue (ie, provide the order and locations to which you are moving and renaming the presets)?

I haven't pinned the conflict to reproduce it consistently however I'll be making notes on location / presets / other changes moving forward to identify any factors.

On a related note: Is any one playing USB audio or playing their guitar through the Axe-Fx III when the bug occurs?

Similar to @ARF I'm not using USB for audio monitoring or recording - only for comms to Axe-Edit.

My set-up is...
In 1: EG
Out 1 (L and R) to Ins: Apollo Twin
Apollo to Monitors
Computer audio is monitored through the Apollo as well.

Guitar will be plugged into In 1 on the Axe when using Manage. I'm generally not playing however some accidental or ambient signal may be getting picked up(?).

Organizationally, this does make sense.

What I am really looking for is a step-by-step reproduction that exhibits the bug such as:
1) Move preset 000 to 020
2) Swap preset 001 and 021
3) Rename preset 021
4) Click Save
5) Note that preset 020 is still red.

[Please notes that these steps are fictituous in order to provide an example.]

I was able to finally capture this error while doing a reasonable amount of preset management. Linking the screen capture video for @Michael Pickens and @Admin M@. See here

In this particular case, I was attempting to move a high CPU preset (1987x w/ Full-Res in the name) to another location. It's worth mentioning as others have highlighted the error has occurred with lower CPU and factory presets. I wasn't playing any guitar (was plugged in) or music through the AxeFX when an error occurred.

Approx step by step is below. I'm on Firmware 19.06 and Version 1.11.01 for Axe-Edit.

1) Rearranged 10-15 presets without any issue. Saved as I went along and moved in and out of Manage a couple of times. Note. The preset loaded when attempting the next step was ~70-75% CPU
2) Swapped 1987x w/ Full-Res preset to a new location (slot 28)... Successful. Previous location (slot 49) Axe-Edit was unsuccessful in saving the swapped 'Empty' preset
3) Closed Manage / Reopened... Full-Res preset is still in slot 49.
4) Loaded another preset with a much lower CPU ~70% usage and reattempted to Save... Unsuccessful.
5) Attempted to overwrite with another lower CPU preset... Unsuccessful
6) Loaded Full-Res Preset and cleared manually.
7) Copy, Save new preset to slot 49 // Clear slot 49... Successful

I hope this is helpful!

I was able to finally capture this error while doing a reasonable amount of preset management. Linking the screen capture video for @Michael Pickens and @Admin M@. See here

In this particular case, I was attempting to move a high CPU preset (1987x w/ Full-Res in the name) to another location. It's worth mentioning as others have highlighted the error has occurred with lower CPU and factory presets. I wasn't playing any guitar (was plugged in) or music through the AxeFX when an error occurred.

Approx step by step is below. I'm on Firmware 19.06 and Version 1.11.01 for Axe-Edit.

1) Rearranged 10-15 presets without any issue. Saved as I went along and moved in and out of Manage a couple of times. Note. The preset loaded when attempting the next step was ~70-75% CPU
2) Swapped 1987x w/ Full-Res preset to a new location (slot 28)... Successful. Previous location (slot 49) Axe-Edit was unsuccessful in saving the swapped 'Empty' preset
4) Loaded another preset with a much lower CPU ~70% usage and reattempted to Save... Unsuccessful.

I hope this is helpful!

Hello....nice job on the demo.

I can confirm that all the behavior in the video above is exactly the same as what I experience when working in Manage Presets.

Two things of note for FAS team tracking this:

1/ Notice how the progress bar stalls when it gets to the "red" slot/preset. As though it is trying to resolve an error between source/buffer and target/memory allocation.

2/ Clearing a "red" presets to Empty does not solve the problem, error is carried forward on the cleared preset and can only be saved outside the Manage Presets environment.

Thanks for doing this....100% same as my situation.

Cheers

I hope this is helpful!

Thank you for the video. I will do a bit of investigation.

Back
Top Bottom