Axe-Change

For the TMA ref solod. Go into the TMA block, and disable the reference solo to off. Its set up with his ext control so you have to disable the controller and then switch it off, I got one of the 6505 clips to work that way. I have been having problems though where it takes several loads of a preset after downloading before i get the actual audio sound, it doesn't load properly sometimes.
Thanks Tristan. I'll try that when I get home.

The Fractal Mako just kills, left the TM block in, killed the cab. Awesome over a Fratomic.

Last edited:
Axe-Change Needs:

Needs to have the ability to make "profile settings" such as preferred view setting as well as keeping you logged in.
Column selection as to which columns you want displayed and where,
Column resize ability,
Sort preferences,
Firmware filter,

Needs to have the ability to make "profile settings" such as preferred view setting as well as keeping you logged in.
Column selection as to which columns you want displayed and where,
Column resize ability,
Sort preferences,
Firmware filter,

Being able to keep the number of results per page would be my #1 request.
Other than that, just adding a title="name" to the items on the Name column would be cool too (so that we can still read the complete preset name by just hovering the link)

I noticed this morning that the total number displayed is limited. Select "Popular Downloads - more" and then display ALL. You get only 100 hits. Select "Recent Uploads - more" then display all and again only 100. The latter only goes back to Oct 3 because of many uploads.

Also there should be a way to filter by type of file; e.g., only PRESETS, or only IR files, or only EFFECT BLOCKS, etc.

Being able to activate a flag that a user has download a file would be nice as well. This could be automatic or done by the user.

Add a rating system like the TAB sites use.

Is there any way to pre view the presets before you download them
What do you mean by preview? Play through them? Or listen to a clip that uses the patch?

Some people put Soundcloud links in the description to clips.

But right now, if you want to play the patch, you have to download it from the site and then upload it to your Axe-Fx. Long term, this will all be integrated in to Axe-Edit so you'll be able to find and audition patches with far less work. A click or two and you'll be playing the patch.

What do you mean by preview? Play through them? Or listen to a clip that uses the patch?

I remember the old Axechange displaying the routing. Not sure if even block types (i.e. name of amp sim, which delay mode etc.) were shown, but at least the blocks and routing itself. I'd love to have this feature again.

Just wandered over to Axechange for the first time. Very cool! But: I searched all fields, all formats, all setups for 'mad', 'mad oak' etc. and didn't find the IR that's right on the front page. I think the search function needs some work.

Just wandered over to Axechange for the first time. Very cool! But: I searched all fields, all formats, all setups for 'mad', 'mad oak' etc. and didn't find the IR that's right on the front page. I think the search function needs some work.

That's quite funny because I did exactly the same this morning, same conclusion. :)
Bug report filed.

BTW, that Mad Oak is quite a dark IR.

On the search results page, there's a separate tab for Cabs.... ;)

Feature Request: Scan all of the uploaded presets to find the ones that have the preset number/location/destination stored in the sysex (see this post) and either (1) flag them with a big-ass warning; or preferably (2) clean them up so they load into the "audition" slot and modify your upload routine to do the same.

A quick recursion, unpack + regexp could determine the offending patches in short order.

With customers still using AxeEdit with incompatible firmware, the collection on AxeChange risks getting corrupted more and more with each upload.

I was bit by a downloaded preset yesterday. Loaded it (using snoize) and found it had overwritten preset 19. Good times. :)

Feature Request: Scan all of the uploaded presets to find the ones that have the preset number/location/destination stored in the sysex (see this post) and either (1) flag them with a big-ass warning; or preferably (2) clean them up so they load into the "audition" slot and modify your upload routine to do the same.

A quick recursion, unpack + regexp could determine the offending patches in short order.

With customers still using AxeEdit with incompatible firmware, the collection on AxeChange risks getting corrupted more and more with each upload.

I was bit by a downloaded preset yesterday. Loaded it (using snoize) and found it had overwritten preset 19. Good times. :)

Which patch? All of the patches in Axe-Change should be getting their location information stripped on upload.

Which patch? All of the patches in Axe-Change should be getting their location information stripped on upload.

Oh good to know! Maybe it slipped through the cracks or I have some other strange issue. :)

I'll be able to say for certain when home in a couple hours, but it was definitely one of the three that was returned when I searched for "Hendrix". It was not LPD's patch, for sure. It was one of the other two.

Oh good to know! Maybe it slipped through the cracks or I have some other strange issue. :)

I'll be able to say for certain when home in a couple hours, but it was definitely one of the three that was returned when I searched for "Hendrix". It was not LPD's patch, for sure. It was one of the other two.

This is the offending patch: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Soldano - by Jazzhooligan

I'm going to try Axe-change for the first time today with my new Axe FX II.
Do I need the Axe-edit program (currently unavailable) or does Axe-change work directly through USB?

Back
Top Bottom