Axe-Change

You need some kind of midi program to send the preset to the axefx. There are several options listed above.

eh eh i have downloaded one the files with winzip how do i open them, im pretty crap with computers!! do i need to hook up the axe to the computer to access the info or how does this syx file sharin work, thanks in advance

eh eh i have downloaded one the files with winzip how do i open them, im pretty crap with computers!! do i need to hook up the axe to the computer to access the info or how does this syx file sharin work, thanks in advance
First make sure you have the USB drivers installed from here:
Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Then

go to Fractal Audio Systems - Fractal-Bot MIDI Utility for the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101

Download the manual and the application. The manual will tell you what to do. It is pretty straight forward

TELL ME I AM ALONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!
First let me say THANKS to FAS for the very idea of AxeChange. I have questions about the functionality of the AxeChange app. Currently, in my experience, the default number of selections per page is 10. The user may select up to "ALL", if desired. This preference remains only for one download and then returns to 10 per page. If the selection comes from halfway down the list, I must navigate to where I left off before choosing the next selection. i.e. it returns me to the start of the list every time. I must then change the #/page option again. This functional inefficiency causes me aggravation and makes the process of downloading multiple presets a lot longer than necessary. Maybe this app is behaving differently for other users (I suspect) because after hitting "Search", it DOES return me to the list (where I left off) and then immediately goes to the start with only the first 10 presets.

YOU GUYS OUT THERE...How is it working for YOU??

Just center click and it will open your choice in a new tab. Download and then go back to the initial tab exactly where you left it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4

^^ Not sure what you're on about regarding the XL version, did you read Cliff's comments about it? The regular II is nowhere near being the 'economy model'.

As for what people choose to upload, that's entirely up to them. If you like to see more classic rock sounds on there, feel free to share your own. If you're having trouble creating such sounds by yourself, in this Preset Exchange forum there are plenty of threads about non-metal stuff with tips and pointers, so you can experiment by yourself (or start your own thread to get some help). Also, there's a whole bunch of effect simulations in this thread (I believe AxeChange doesn't support the exchange of blocks... yet).

I don't really understand the negativity...

Last edited:
Hello I just bought the High Gain and Clean amp pack, but am having trouble updating as it wants to replace my existing presets. Am I doing this wrong as I thought thee were Amps not presets. I admit I am new to this, but it is very confusing any help would be amazingly appreciated.

Elric Phares Tech Of Tomorrow

You know what would be totally awesome for this site? A separate section for individual block definitions beside cabs and presets. Make the block definitions tagable by block type too. This would take the communities emulation game to another level.

Last edited:
axe-change xl+ support?

just wondering if xl+ users will be able to upload soon? Ive been trying to upload some patches lately with no luck. However when i tried to upload another patch (not created on my xl+) i had no issues.

Those terms and conditions though... I am sure it's some kind of joke, but I can't even...

Who reads those anyway, right? :D

Hey Guys
how do you install a preset into the Ax Fx I have XL + i know how to install the firmware updates , just haven't loaded a preset before
thanks

When you use axe edit, I go tools/manage presets and use the new window to import the downloaded ones :)

how do you install a preset into the Ax Fx I have XL + i know how to install the firmware updates , just haven't loaded a preset before
Download the preset to your computer. Then use the Import button in Axe-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom