Wish Ax8 with MFC 101

mjurado735

Hi guys,

i wish the Ax8 could be able to communicate bidirectional with the MFC 101.

The MFC can control the AX8 over midi but it don't communicate the state of the stompboxes in presets or scenes.
Some of us use an external midi Controller to have more possibilities with the AX8, it will be great if our MFC could do this better.

It would be great to switch over presets and scenes with the AX8 and have stompboxes, tuner and tap on the MFC for example.

Best regards.
Marc

I agree. It would expand the capability of the AX8 if you could use the MFC for this purpose.

I think it would be a step forward if you could use the Fractal products together in an integrated fashion.

Sorry,
But my understamding of the AX8 is this unit as a compact version of the Axe Fx.
If you want to expand, why dont you buy the Axe Fx with the mfc 101? You have far better Hardware, more capabilities and possibilities, faster data transfer, and so on. But its not compact.
I think the current design of the display concerning big patch names and the switching between the different modes like scenes and patch switching are not ideal. This has to be better with an update.
But i think the unit is gtüreat in its compactness....
Otherwise there is the Axe XL with mfc

Sorry,
But my understamding of the AX8 is this unit as a compact version of the Axe Fx.
If you want to expand, why dont you buy the Axe Fx with the mfc 101? You have far better Hardware, more capabilities and possibilities, faster data transfer, and so on. But its not compact.
I think the current design of the display concerning big patch names and the switching between the different modes like scenes and patch switching are not ideal. This has to be better with an update.
But i think the unit is gtüreat in its compactness....
Otherwise there is the Axe XL with mfc
Totally agree with the AX8 compactness - not looking to change that - but this isn't a question of choosing one or the other. My point is, like many others here, I have both setups - AX8 and AxeFX and MFC (and an FX8 for when I use my tube head). IMHO it would be a great direction, moving forward, if the Fractal products could be used together to leverage that flexibility and capability of each and expand the capabilities when the pieces are used together.

the mfc can now send commands to the fx-8 and or ax-8 in standard form. I do agree 2 way sysex of the entire line with the mfc would be nice, but most will probably never do more then piddle( as I have done myself just to see the possibilities) with the mfc controlling the fx-8 or the ax-8 in such a manner so it may not ever be a great priority for Fractal to make it reality.

Back
Top Bottom