AX8 Wishes

Yes there are a few pages with 6 knobs. Most have 5 and use A-E directly. For 6 knobs, you must use the Nav buttons to move right or left by one, so Shift then Enter or Exit.

I think most here are discussing trying to find an instance when the E knob changes a parameter in a list type menu, as opposed to that knob type. I don't recall one like this.

Since most knob types have 5 knobs, it makes sense to have the 5 knobs directly control a parameter. I think it would be confusing to make the E knob do a Nav function in that 6 knob display, and a waste to make it Nav in a 5 knob display forcing its use to move the D over, for example.

Gotcha, re: navigating a list. I don't recall seeing that, so I'm not sure where that might exist.

I (and others) have a different preference regarding the pages with 6 knobs. For me, if the page has 6 knobs, it would be more intuitive for the A-D knobs to adjust values and the E knob be used to navigate, since E is used to navigate on other pages. That's my preference and apparently others'. I know I've edited values by mistake using the E knob. But your logic behind using A-E on those pages is valid too. It's not a big deal to me either way.

I'd really love it if they added the extra cab block parameters from the axe like room and air levels, and maybe even dephase. I play with headphones a lot, and most recommend turning up room and air level and using the dephase, but I am unable to do that with the ax8.

I know the ax8 is more for live use, but I'm curious as to why they left those features out.

Is there something like the room and air parameters that I can replicate on the ax8?

+1

I'd really love it if they added the extra cab block parameters from the axe like room and air levels, and maybe even dephase. I play with headphones a lot, and most recommend turning up room and air level and using the dephase, but I am unable to do that with the ax8.

I know the ax8 is more for live use, but I'm curious as to why they left those features out.

Is there something like the room and air parameters that I can replicate on the ax8?

I like to have S3/4 switch, maybe S5/6, S7/8.
With the existing S1/2 and a new S3/4 we can easy get scenes 1,2,3,4 with 2 switches.
Thanks.

Back to the display discussion...

I played an outdoor gig this weekend and really want to bump the request that the display be updated so it shows active and inactive blocks. It was basically too bright out to see any of the LED indicators and to be able to see that on the display would be a huge assist for daytime gigs.

Back to the display discussion...

I played an outdoor gig this weekend and really want to bump the request that the display be updated so it shows active and inactive blocks. It was basically too bright out to see any of the LED indicators and to be able to see that on the display would be a huge assist for daytime gigs.

Yes the sunshine can be a real pain in the @ss! I had issues with not being able to see other pedals / tuners in bright environments. I've seen some people use a hood of types, whereby they sit something over the top of their pedal board (or AX8 in our case) so that the pedals are in shadow. Of course, it's effectiveness all depends on where the light source is right so it would only work in some situations.

Maybe some of these things were already discussed. I was too lazy to read all the posts.

Some Potential Improvements:
1)Black "selection" marker in the Footswitch Page distracts a lot. I would rather make it frame-like and make the on\off indication black and white.
2)The Shift button function can be duplicated with press and hold option for all other buttons
3)The S12 function can be duplicated with press and hold function for preset switches
4)Input instrument level could be way easier accessible (e.g. Shift + Drive Knob). I have two guitars, one is a passive start and second is an active explorer, so I have to constantly adjust this value when I change the guitars.

Some Bugs:
1)When the device is connected to AX8 Edit and new block is being added to the layout (using Axe Fx controls) some weird stuff is happening while A-knob is being rotated. It seems like PC software constantly canceling the A-knob action.
2)I regularly hear Windows sounds of a new device connected\disconnected when my AX8 is connected to my laptop.

Last edited:
Some Bugs:
1)When the device is connected to AX8 Edit and new block is being added to the layout (using Axe Fx controls) some weird stuff is happening while A-knob is being rotated. It seems like PC software constantly canceling the A-knob action.
2)I regularly hear Windows sounds of a new device connected\disconnected when my AX8 is connected to my laptop.
Hi Toxer.

In terms of the 'my bugs' I think you have a binary choice - one or the other. Either AX8-Edit is in control or you need to hit Pause (upper left corner of the edit screen) if you want to use the buttons etc on the actual unit. Think of it like this; every time you make a change on the unit, the AX8-Edit software has to then go and read what the change is so that it has up-to-date information for when you return to the GUI to edit further. And because the editor does not know what you changed, it has to read all of the parameters again too. This seems to cause audio drop out whilst the information is re-read into the editor. If it didn't do this then you could end up with an out of date version of the edit session in Ax8-Edit. If you then saved that version, you would wipe out the changes made on the actual unit.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some features with the intent of reducing CPU usage.

For example:

Maybe we could operate everything in mono and save some CPU that way? (No need to process stereo reverbs when I'm sending a mono signal to the house anyway.)

Maybe a few more reduced-load reverbs? right now I mainly have the spring reverbs utilized because they require the least CPU. I've had to sort of spread my old axe-fx 2 presets out across a few presets to be able to have the same functionality as before.

Also, reducing or eliminating the sonic gap when changing the amp x/y states would be very welcome!

Back
Top Bottom