AX8 V8.02 Released!

If I download the new 8.02 Presets will it wipe out my custom presets or does it only overwrite the previous factory presets? Thanks.

If I download the new 8.02 Presets will it wipe out my custom presets or does it only overwrite the previous factory presets? Thanks.
When you load any preset, it overwrites the preset that was there previously, whether it's a factory preset or your own. So load the new factory presets into presets that you don't need to keep, either because you don't use them, or you've already backed them up, or they're already empty.

I loaded them today with fratal-Bot and it put them right over the old factory presets 1 thru 16. All of my own custom made presets were safe and sound.

According to the accompanying notes, sending the entire preset bundle (via Fractal Bot) will overwrite banks 1-16 and 64. I had some acquired presets in bank 64, so I moved them before installing the new preset bundle.

Two quick things:
  1. I'm hoping to find out what the presets installed in bank 64 (all uppercase names) are about.
  2. I only had about 15 minutes to start playing around with the new factory presets, so I barely got through the first bank--but they really sound amazing.
Cheers,

Alan

Definitely worth the effort to make room for the new presets...there also seem to be a quite a fewmore that are unique to the AX8, but they all translate awesomely, as I mentioned earlier in this thread , to AXE-fx using FracTool

I just took out my AX8 and ASM-12 for the first time to a rehearsal and LOVED it. Was awesome to hear everything in a 'real world' situation rather than just at home. Awesome combination. I will say though, and people mentioned it out here - the ASM-12 is a beast as far as weight goes.

I noticed that, and the handle is in a terrible spot. But, it sounds really good! :)

When it comes to the new included Celestion impulse cabs, are these the same as the free download Cenzo Townshend mix available on Celestion's website? Or a specific sample mix for FAS?

Thanks

Fractal Bot will auto install them into banks 1-16 and #64 and overwrite what is in those banks.

If you load the new preset bank with AX8Edit: It will give you a pop-up menu: pick and chose which of the new presets you want to use and where to put them.

Last edited:
When it comes to the new included Celestion impulse cabs, are these the same as the free download Cenzo Townshend mix available on Celestion's website? Or a specific sample mix for FAS?

Thanks

There are 5 new Celestion IR's in FW 8.02 (Blue, G12H Anniversary, G12-65, G12H Creamback, G12M Creamback). According to the AxeFXII FW Release thread, they are all unique mixes made by FAS.

IMO, they all sound better than the free one on the Celestion website, which is a V30 mix (not my favorite speaker). I thought the free one sounded horrible (YMMV).

I just upgraded from 8.02 beta version to this. is it me or they just made amps even brighter and cut lows more than the beta version?

Read the release notes.

Thank you for your attention.

Although I know that they used some new measuring techniques and made it brighter with the 8.02beta and 8.02stable. When I upgraded from 7.01 to 8.02 beta I could hear the difference too.

What I ask now is: is it even brighter than the beta? and if they cut lows more than the beta of 8.02 compared to 8.02 stable version. I kinda find the new 8.02 stable amps thinner as my first impressions.

Thank you for your attention.

Although I know that they used some new measuring techniques and made it brighter with the 8.02beta and 8.02stable. When I upgraded from 7.01 to 8.02 beta I could hear the difference too.

What I ask now is: is it even brighter than the beta? and if they cut lows more than the beta of 8.02 compared to 8.02 stable version. I kinda find the new 8.02 stable amps thinner as my first impressions.
There are no changes to the amp modeling V8.02 Public Beta to V8.02 Release.

Back
Top Bottom