AX8 V8.02 Released!

Anyone else notice fluctuating levels in the FX loop? I'm 98% positive it's user error but I've been tweaking my levels as I go and notice a drop in volume when using external FX. I keep tweaking my mix knob on my H9's just to make sure but no dice.

Anyone else notice fluctuating levels in the FX loop? I'm 98% positive it's user error but I've been tweaking my levels as I go and notice a drop in volume when using external FX. I keep tweaking my mix knob on my H9's just to make sure but no dice.
The level on my Out 2 is rock-solid stable. Are your levels changing while playing, or are you describing something else?

during play after having tweaked mix and send levels. no external parameter controls configured aside from a Mission pedal for wah.

What exactly do you mean by latency? I have seen that word used for a great many things on this forum.
Traditionally it means the time from the signal enters the AD converter till it exits the DA converter. I have noticed no difference in this regard.

I mean I switch presets from say S1 to S4 and there is like a noticeable delay (like a half sec or so)....did\'t know if it meant I was pushing too much processor like over 90% for a preset. Not playing right now so not sure if it was a specific amp or not, just remember saying wow, never heard that silent gap before. I'll check back when I have more info, thanks for responding guys

I mean I switch presets from say S1 to S4 and there is like a noticeable delay (like a half sec or so)....did\'t know if it meant I was pushing too much processor like over 90% for a preset. Not playing right now so not sure if it was a specific amp or not, just remember saying wow, never heard that silent gap before. I'll check back when I have more info, thanks for responding guys
First of all, thanks for reporting realistic amounts of gap when switching presets. Some guys will say, "There's, like, a three-second gap!" when it's more like half a second. :)

Brief gaps when switching presets have always been there. You can reduce the audible gap to zero by using scene switching instead of preset switching.

Last edited:
Help me understand. Output 2 changes level after you tweak mix and send levels...during play?
Sorry, it's been a good minute since I've been on the forums! I'll find myself having to tweak the OUT2 knob sometimes during play. Some songs my H9's are perfectly audible then others are either too loud or too quiet.

Sorry, it's been a good minute since I've been on the forums! I'll find myself having to tweak the OUT2 knob sometimes during play. Some songs my H9's are perfectly audible then others are either too loud or too quiet.
check that the levels in the FX Loop Block aren't different when changing Scenes or Presets. it might also help to troubleshoot by sending Out 2 to a speaker so you can hear exactly what is coming out of there as you play - it might actually be different.

Axe-FX II user here (Mark I & Mark II), and I just received my AX8 from Fractal (UPS just left here 20 minutes ago!). I know Fractal always ships their product with the latest released versions of the firmware (no betas). Well, I just turned on the AX8 to check the firmware, and it says I have version 8.0.3. But I can't seem to find any info on 8.0.3 here on the forum. So what the difference between 8.0.2 and 8.0.3, and why isn't 8.0.3 available to download as the latest "released" version of the AX8 firmware?

Axe-FX II user here (Mark I & Mark II), and I just received my AX8 from Fractal (UPS just left here 20 minutes ago!). I know Fractal always ships their product with the latest released versions of the firmware (no betas). Well, I just turned on the AX8 to check the firmware, and it says I have version 8.0.3. But I can't seem to find any info on 8.0.3 here on the forum. So what the difference between 8.0.2 and 8.0.3, and why isn't 8.0.3 available to download as the latest "released" version of the AX8 firmware?
V8.03 contained a minor bug fix, and was released to production only. The changes that were implemented for 8.03 have been incorporated in V9.0x which is currently under Beta test.

Back
Top Bottom