AX8 V8.02 Released!

Anyone else seem to think some of the amps are a little harsh sounding. I got a joyo American sound to let someone at my church use cause they have no kind of amp and are running direct. I was super surprised just how good this thing sounded for only like 40 bucks. I tried to find a similar amp in my ax8 but noticed how bright they all sounded without a lot of tweaking. Found myself kind of liking the joyo better but telling myself there is no way it could be.

Is there anywhere online that has legacy firmware / presets if I wanted to compare previous versions?

IMHO you can't call the AX8 either bright or dark, because Fractal Audio ensures that the frequency response of the amp models is the same as the real equivalents.

So bright or dark will always be the result of non-default settings, the selected IR, global EQ etc.

Quite recently someone wrote that he always needed to use very bright IRs because the AX8 sounded muffled to him. Turned out that a simple system reset sufficed to solve that issue.

If there's an overall tonal trend across many presets (too harsh, too dull, too something), it's worth taking a look at what equipment you have downstream.

Last edited:
If there's an overall tonal trend across many presets (too harsh, too dull, too something), it's worth taking a look at what equipment you have downstream.

....you might want to even look upstream ( guitar , pickups , strings )
The sound of any particular guitar will translate as such in each individual amp model.
Unlike cheap amp modeler boxes I have used in the past , the AX8 reacts to differences of guitars , just as real amps do.

Gents/Ladies
For arguments sake, if you think an amp is too harsh sounding ,what are the main changes you would look at first and in any sequential order would you start making changes. I have found some amps in the past that sound harsh , but not knowing what the real amp sounds like, i have moved on and used other amps that i like more with the default settings

Gents/Ladies
For arguments sake, if you think an amp is too harsh sounding ,what are the main changes you would look at first and in any sequential order would you start making changes. I have found some amps in the past that sound harsh , but not knowing what the real amp sounds like, i have moved on and used other amps that i like more with the default settings
BMT first. Then IR. Then revisit BMT.

This must have been good for most. I think this may be the longest stretch with no update for fixes or new stuff since I have had this . Lol

Personally, I'm very happy with v8.02 and enjoying the break from "FW madness".
Yep, me too - The time I used to have to spend tweaking my live presets, I can now explore some of the amps and fx that I haven't had the chance to look at previously.
There is no doubt the box is sounding better than ever and I'm grateful for the upgrades, but also enjoying this period of more time for playing and finding new sounds, rather than maintaining my old ones.

I am happy as well. It was just an observation. There for awhile there were tons of small updates and it seemed like a major update every three or four months. While I am sure they will never sit still this signals to me that it is in a good place. I have seen a handful of people revert back though.

Hey Peoples,
I'm in the market for a A8, however i'm afraid that after i bought one, shortly after that there might be an update in the form of an AX8 Mark II, even maybe like the competition, with Dual Amp possibilities.......

Does anyone knows anything about that? Please advise ;-)

Greetings Paul

Hey Peoples,
I'm in the market for a A8, however i'm afraid that after i bought one, shortly after that there might be an update in the form of an AX8 Mark II, even maybe like the competition, with Dual Amp possibilities.......

Greetings Paul
Hi Paul,

Fractal doesn't "announce" new products until they're announced. :) Neither does any other company that I know of. So you know as much as we do.

Hey Peoples,

Greetings Paul

If you think like that you will never buy any product. A new and better model will always come along no matter what the product is. At least Fractal products seem to hold some of their value. I understand what your concerns are but the AX8 is a great device and I am sure it will be fully supported, including updates, for some time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom