Ax8 latency

I'm sorry for deviating...only asked here as if the lag ever became a problem for me then I'd consider it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Still think I can work around the issues though and the AX8 is so much more conveniebt.

Cheers

I'm sorry for deviating...only asked here as if the lag ever became a problem for me then I'd consider it.
Sorry, I didn't get that in the previous post. This makes it much more relevant. But yes, you would just switch off the amp block and engage the FX loop to hear your amp tone rather than the AX8 modelling.

One quick question:
I have moved to use presets instead of scenes. I have all of the eight FS switches in preset use, that cover cleans, leads, crunch and high gain stuff.

Only thing i need to get solved is how can i get delay and reverb spillover when i change to another preset?

Page 90 of the manual:

"WHEN CHANGING PRESETS

Setting up spillover that works across different presets is a bit more involved. The first step is to set the SPILLOVER setting on the SETTINGS page of the GLOBAL menu (p. 79) to determine whether Delays, Reverbs, or “BOTH” will spill over when you change presets. (“Delay” does not include the Multi-Delay block).

When you want spillover to happen between presets, you also need to ensure that the same delay or reverb blocks exist in each of them. These need to be the same block and the same INSTANCE (i.e. Delay 1 spills only through Delay 1 and Delay 2 spills only through Delay 2).

Ideally, the corresponding blocks in each preset should have the same settings as well. This is because the moment you change to a new preset, the parameter settings for its blocks will “take over” processing the tails. If you change from a preset where delay has a time of 500 ms to one where the time is 100 ms, the tails will be “inserted” into the new e ect and be heard as 100 ms echoes (with possible glitches if certain settings change). For spillover to work perfectly then, the pair(s) of blocks in both “starting” and “landing” presets must have essentially identical settings and must have similar (if not identical) placement on the grid. You would hear quite a sudden difference in the tail, for instance, if a delay was placed after a clean amp block in the rst preset and in front of a heavily overdriven amp block in the second.

Bypass states and BYPASS MODE settings must also be considered. Switching from a preset where delay or reverb is engaged to one where it is bypassed with a BYPASS MODE setting of “MUTE FX OUT” will prevent the tails from being heard. Switching to a preset where the block is bypassed with a setting of “MUTE FX IN” however, will cleverly allow the tails to ring while material you play after the preset change will be heard without the effect. See “Mix Page Common Parameters” on p. 66.

For a simple spillover preset experiment, create a preset, then save an exact copy to a new location and test spillover. Then begin making changes as needed to settings outside of the blocks you want to spill over. AX8-Edit also makes it easy to copy and paste a block from one preset to another."

I came across a video last night I think from Chris at Ax Fx Tutorials. He found presets were faster than scenes for highly CPU intensive patches while reducing blocks in the patch makes for quicker changes. I found around 60% or less made amp X/Y switching much quicker than 70% or higher. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom