AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot more to design than custom silicon. ;)

In this context? Enlighten me.
The Axe-Fx III can run not only full-on Ares modeling, but also its graphics, its effects chain, and its I/O. Neither the Axe-Fx II nor the Line 6 Helix can do that. None of those devices uses custom silicon. The difference lies in other aspects of the design.

Last edited:
I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

I’m watching for the FM3 release to start my clock running on the AX8 ARES release. I’m guessing all hands are on deck to get that thing out the door. Once that dust settles I’m sure we’ll get the treat we are all hoping for...

Lets form a wall of death.
First side is formed with guys saying "i'm happy with Q10"
The other side is formed with guys saying "we need ares"

I'm getting my popcorn quickly...

I bought the AxeFX III and FC12 in the meantime, but I am still gigging my AX8...both great units, Ares or not...I still can´t see myself bringing a rack + footcontroller to a gig, the AX8 is SO handy! I am on the waitlist for the FM3, but oh not enough buttons... FM3 + FC 12 at the gig? AX8 as backup? Or the other way around? We will see...

I bought the AxeFX III and FC12 in the meantime, but I am still gigging my AX8...both great units, Ares or not...I still can´t see myself bringing a rack + footcontroller to a gig, the AX8 is SO handy! I am on the waitlist for the FM3, but oh not enough buttons... FM3 + FC 12 at the gig? AX8 as backup? Or the other way around? We will see...

Same situation here. Been gigging with the AX8 for a couple years now and don't plan to retired it anytime soon. Just got an AxeFX III and FC12. Will use at upcoming gigs. However, the FM3 and FC12 is the future setup...maybe.

Will play AX8 til she passes out. FM3 plus a foot controller too large and bulky. Options from the AX8 with Austin Buddy's TonePack are more than I'll ever need/use. Love it as it sits. I just hope FAS doesn't put it on the shelf and pass it by with updates/possible improvements cuz SO many guitar players play the AX8 as we know. Into my flypack/backpack and off I go. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom