AX8-Edit 1.4.0 Released

Loving the direct Axe-Change access, with the ability to audition right then and there.

And the separate floating window is huge! Now you can snag a preset, tweak it right now, and then decide whether it's a keeper.

Just assumed that you loaded one at a time as needed. Are you guys saying there is done option to load a whole pack at once? I will figure it out if there is.
Get familiar with the Browser window of Axe-Manage:Cabs in AX8-Edit. You'll be glad you did. :)

I just updated and I get a communicate time-out message: query_sys_info.

Running 3.51; I manually deselected and reselected the ports. Still get the same message.

Cannot connect with Fractal-bot either. It times out "while attempting to query the firmware version".

Last edited:
I just got my ax8 with quantum 4 fw. Today, but the ax8 edit 1.4.1 seems so slow, much slower than the axe edit with axfx2.
I have a mac, with the lastest fw ver. Its been a while since i used axeedit on my axefx2( i have sold
my axfx2) I cant remember that it used to that slow. Is this normal, is the ax8 edit slower with more lag than axe edit/ axfx2?

I just got my ax8 with quantum 4 fw. Today, but the ax8 edit 1.4.1 seems so slow, much slower than the axe edit with axfx2.
I have a mac, with the lastest fw ver. Its been a while since i used axeedit on my axefx2( i have sold
my axfx2) I cant remember that it used to that slow. Is this normal, is the ax8 edit slower with more lag than axe edit/ axfx2?
yes the communication is slower with AX8edit, but its faster than it was previous to 4.0......

Processing is slower on the AX8. Like the GUI and file transfers.
Don't worry, won't affect audio performance.

It sounds great, I just is sooo slow to do edits with the software..... :)
you could do an uninstall and reinstall of axe edit remove it through add remove programs......also...and don't laugh but I've seen USB cables start acting up....if they have been damaged by being rolled over by a chair or crimped somehow....

It sounds great, I just is sooo slow to do edits with the software..... :)

It's not THAT slow! What PC and OS are you using? All drives update? Make sure nothing else is running, especially other devices using USB. Like others said, try a reinstall.

OK, I am really confused. Looks like based on this thread title that the latest version of AX8Edit is 1.4.0.
But my AX8Edit auto-updated himself to 1.4.1. What is wrong?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom