AX8 Basics

I think, I'll stick with my favourite AC30 Top Boost (Only because I like to use as few different amp blocks as possible in our live settings), it should do the trick as well combined with the comp, slap and spring :)

OK - Here's a quick clip using OptoComp 1 and the AC30 Top Boost. To all my American friends, my deepest apologies for butchering some of your biggest treasures.

I absolutely adore how that sounds ; how did you set the opto?

Thanks, there is a quick screenshot 5 seconds in. But it's stock, except that compression is at 9 and level is at 11 dB

Thanks, there is a quick screenshot 5 seconds in. But it's stock, except that compression is at 9 and level is at 11 dB
I tried this and it sounds so good, thanks man.

I've had a super busy fortnight so I'll get back onto these. As always, anyone who wants to chime in with suggestions is more than welcome to!

Hi Leon,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to make these videos. I will be moving from a traditional pedalboard and I think your videos + the manual will really get things going.

Would you be able to make a video showing how to use the AX8 as an effects-only unit? I plan to use the AX8 as an effects unit until I can get my hands on an FX8. I'm not sure how difficult it is to bypass the amp/cab/mic blocks. I expect that I'll be able to get my live sounds out of the AX8 without too much hassle (moving from a Timeline/Bigsky board). Thanks again for your time.

I plan to use the AX8 as an effects unit until I can get my hands on an FX8. I'm not sure how difficult it is to bypass the amp/cab/mic blocks.
No need to bypass the Amp or Cab block. Just don’t put either one in your preset. :)

@Leon
I think maybe you should put the link to your videos in the area where Smittfar has gathered "ALL the tutorials" so new folks will have access to all the videos available by the many contributors here. Just a suggestion.
You may have already done this.

Back
Top Bottom