AX-8 Price

I understand the process, but it doesn't make it less of a bummer. I, for once, would like to rejoice when a good item is priced agressively.

I'll have to play more gigs, I guess ;)

It's not a third more. If the price is around 1650 euros, that's 25% more.
$1399x1.33=$1860 (1650€). That's exactly 33% more. You can't mix euros and dollars when calculating percentages ;)

We'll see what the final price in G66 is, but the FX8 price is 1600€ plus shipping, so those calculations shouldn't bee too far off.

Cliff, when the waitlist is opened, will it be announced in this thread or will you post a new thread advising as such? Is there a way to set my parameters in the forum software to alert me when the announcement is made so that I can hurry over here and get in line? Thanks and keep up the incredible work and service that you provide all of us.

$1399x1.33=$1860 (1650€). That's exactly 33% more. You can't mix euros and dollars when calculating percentages ;)

We'll see what the final price in G66 is, but the FX8 price is 1600€ plus shipping, so those calculations shouldn't bee too far off.
I understand you think it's a bummer :) But realistically I don't think anyone's getting ripped off here. Even if we're talking 33% extra, that's par for the course when buying gear made in the US. I've seen that all the time in my own buying experiences. It's difficult to get anything into Europe without paying at least 25-30% more, at least where I live, and that's doing it on your own with no warranty support etc.

Whatever the case, the AX8, Helix and Kemper are all going to be around the same price point in Europe. I was considering a Kemper, now I can get the Fractal modelling for around the same price. Saul Goodman ;)

k2XGUHP.jpg
:)

Of course, the accelerator in the AX8 is only a fraction of this size! ;)

Whatever the case, the AX8, Helix and Kemper are all going to be around the same price point in Europe. I was considering a Kemper, now I can get the Fractal modelling for around the same price. Saul Goodman ;)
Thomann prices are 1469€ for Helix and 1550€ for Kemper (rack or amp without controller), so yeah, they are all around the same price point. In a straight dollar-to-euro conversion the AX8 would be around 1250€, and would simply dominate the market.

Next up - AX8 Rackmount for Studio. Same DSPs and sound, but no footswitching and you could probably also do away with those fancy optical encoders since a studio user would use Axe-Edit anyway. Price... $999? Less maybe? :)

In theory that could get even more buyers Fractalized at an even lower entry pricepoint.

Cool.. At this price, I can afford both the Helix and Ax8!!! :pride:~ Then use a ab box to switch between them..#bestofallworlds..

Can I make a special request (in the spirit of upcoming Thanksgiving) of all the existing Fractal users? Please throw us lowly non-fractal guys a bone and let us purchase the Ax8 before you add the AX8 to your Axe2, Ultra, Standard and Fx8 collection :). Some of us have been waiting to get our FIRST Fractal product for months :).

Just think, if more customers gets Fractal products in their hands, then you help grow the community :)

Here's hoping to a short waiting list!

I own an FX8 - assuming AX8 is similar, the screen is notably better, brighter and sharper than my old Axe-Fx II Mark1. Tuner on FX8 is same as Axe-Fx\MFC.

Tuner on MFC has always been a little challenging for me to use (always end up looking at the Axe-Fx to tune up at a gig).

If it has the same or better resolution as the display on the Axe-Fx then the tuner should be a none issue for me -- either way it is not a big deal.

I can always add a tuner to the board.

Looking to replace my 5 year old $200 Digitech pedal. Used Axe FX or new Ax8 ??

Do you want foot-stompability all in one unit? If so, go Ax8. If you don't need that or don't mind having the brain and i/o separate from the midi controller and you want the full feature set, go with a used Axe FX.

...go with a used Axe FX.

... of which there should likely be a much increased supply after AX8 starts shipping. There must quite a few guys gigging with Axe-Fx plus MFC that only use single amp/cab and few FX. If the AX8 can accommodate your signal chain, you can ditch the rack with all-in-one pedal the size of the MFC and sound exactly the same.

I understand the process, but it doesn't make it less of a bummer.
True that.

I, for once, would like to rejoice when a good item is priced agressively.
You still have reason to rejoice. If the AX8 cost US$2000, just think of how much more it would cost you in higher price plus VAT plus customs...so rejoice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom