AX-8 Price

Well, let's just say I believe in your product and company and am willing to take the "Leap of Faith". I think that waiting for a person to get an email, then wait for a few days or week to decide whether they want one or not is a complete waste of everyone's time, especially FAS as they are in business to actually make money, or is this all for just for the fun of it Cliff?

That's for crowdfunding where the company needs the end users to fund the project.

Well, let's just say I believe in your product and company and am willing to take the "Leap of Faith". I think that waiting for a person to get an email, then wait for a few days or week to decide whether they want one or not is a complete waste of everyone's time, especially FAS as they are in business to actually make money, or is this all for just for the fun of it Cliff?

It is Fractal's prerogative how they handle the wait-list and pre-orders.
Don't like it, move on. Simple.

Hey mbrown3, glad to see you here on the forum. Wasn't sure if you were still using the AxeFX or not. Nice to see you are looking at the AX8!

This nowhere near as bad as the Helix thread on TGP. That is a pathetic state of affairs over there.

It is actually somehow worse than Kemper vs. Fractal, except that for the most part, Fractal owners just know what we've come to appreciate. Our loyalty is well-founded.

I look at this way: it took a large company 6 years, the release of some lower end products (along with some interesting other items like their monitors), and an acquisition by a major parent company just to begin to catch the tail. One thing we've seen is that the large company was very good at generating hype. (Yes, it will still be a cool product.)

This nowhere near as bad as the Helix thread on TGP. That is a pathetic state of affairs over there.

I dropped by the thread last week or so just to have a read on what has happening with the Helix and found page after page of photoshopped pictures containing the Helix. It must have been some sort of running joke in the thread, but geez, what a waste of time.

Hey mbrown3, glad to see you here on the forum. Wasn't sure if you were still using the AxeFX or not. Nice to see you are looking at the AX8!

Hey bud. Not in Picktown any more...moved up to Mount Vernon. But still using the Axe. Really intrigued by the AX8, and I have some gigs it would be perfect for, where the full rig is just not feasible. How are things going down your way?

Hey bud. Not in Picktown any more...moved up to Mount Vernon. But still using the Axe. Really intrigued by the AX8, and I have some gigs it would be perfect for, where the full rig is just not feasible. How are things going down your way?

You should come check out my duo, Mama Drama, at Flappers sometime. We just played there Friday night. Not sure when we're back. :)

I believe that is the case. Also it's just not the way we do things. There are horror stories all over the interwebz of people pre-paying for amps, etc. and never receiving their product.

Brings back memories of the Faustine Phantom Attenuator - man, I was SOOO close to getting on the pre-paid wait list for that one - a close escape!!

Depends on how successful the product is. If it is a success we could perhaps make a higher-end version with added features.

If it had all the effects available in the rack version plus LCDs for each switch so you can title each scene then I would buy it no matter the cost. That would be fucking awesome!!

If it had ... then I would buy it no matter the cost.

i see many people say this, but i don't think anyone can base business decisions and product creation solely on forum posts like this :)

it would suck if FAS made a $5000 "does it all" pedal and no one bought it because it was too expensive.

i see many people say this, but i don't think anyone can base business decisions and product creation solely on forum posts like this :)

it would suck if FAS made a $5000 "does it all" pedal and no one bought it because it was too expensive.

I'm very grateful that FAS has gave us this option but I think some expect the XL+ and the MFC crammed into one box for $1,400

I'm very grateful that FAS has gave us this option but I think some expect the XL+ and the MFC crammed into one box for $1,400

Agreed.

People seem to be forgetting that this device will be sitting on the floor, sucking up dirt and dust through the vent. It'll be stepped on, accidentally kicked, spilled on, and otherwise abused. Would you rather have a $3000 piece of equipment in that environment, or a $1400? .... I thought so.

When it comes to replacing it after some mishap happens, that person will be glad it costs 1400, actually, they may even wish it was less.

I know I know "I take care of my stuff, that won't happen to me." :roll

Brings back memories of the Faustine Phantom Attenuator - man, I was SOOO close to getting on the pre-paid wait list for that one - a close escape!!

I have one. It's nothing special. And like all of the ones I tested the impedance looks nothing like a real speaker. It only simulates the low-frequency resonance and it's at 60 Hz. Most speakers are around 100 Hz. It doesn't simulate the voice-coil inductance.

So never owned a Fractal product (doesn't mean I didn't want to...) and the AX8 is going to be my first. All the threads are making me nauseous but I would love to get on the first order. Where is the preorder usually offered? Am I really going to have to be awake in the middle of the night to get on it?

Last edited:
So never owned a Fractal product (doesn't mean I didn't want to...) and the AX8 is going to be my first. All the threads are making me nausieous but I would love to get on the first order. Where is the preorder usually offered? Am I really going to have to be awake in the middle of the night to get on it?

Yes and no... I was able to get on the FX8 wait list the day it opened, and I got a FX8 in April. Last month they offered the FX8 without a wait list... If you dont want to deal with the wait list craziness, figure you have to wait another 5 months more.

So never owned a Fractal product (doesn't mean I didn't want to...) and the AX8 is going to be my first. All the threads are making me nausieous but I would love to get on the first order. Where is the preorder usually offered? Am I really going to have to be awake in the middle of the night to get on it?

Right... I'm not a current Fractal customer but want to get in on the first shipment of AX8 units. Does my membership to the forum privilege me to receive an invite email to the waitlist? Or do I need to provide my email in some other form?

All new to me...

Yes and no... I was able to get on the FX8 wait list the day it opened, and I got a FX8 in April. Last month they offered the FX8 without a wait list... If you dont want to deal with the wait list craziness, figure you have to wait another 5 months more.

Lets hope they stocked up enough for the first wave and there's no shortage. (Is there actually a likelihood of that?)

Right... I'm not a current Fractal customer but want to get in on the first shipment of AX8 units. Does my membership to the forum privilege me to receive an invite email to the waitlist? Or do I need to provide my email in some other form?

All new to me...

You need to email the Fractal Sales team when the wait list opens up...

Back
Top Bottom