AX-8 Price

A $99 USB interface is focused on providing a quality product at certain price point, and since that's all it focuses on, they are more likely to pick parts based on price, rather than quality.

The built in USB audio interface on the Axe-FX II is no $99 USB interface.

I think if Cliff would have added USB audio it would have added more than $99, because Cliff would have chosen the highest quality over the best price.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 100% sure that AXE FX 2 USB audio interface is much better quality than most of those which are on the market, and the main thing that YOU DON'T NEED one more box with you when audio interface is inside the device! Guitar, AXE, laptop = that's all. Pro recording anywhere on the planet. Minimum cables etc. etc.

I'm 100% sure that AXE FX 2 USB audio interface is much better quality than most of those which are on the market, and the main thing that YOU DON'T NEED one more box with you when audio interface is inside the device! Guitar, AXE, laptop = that's all. Pro recording anywhere on the planet. Minimum cables etc. etc.

I personally don't use the built in USB interface. I carry around a 4 channel USB interface with MIDI, in my rack, to play backing tracks, and send CC commands. It's way easier to deal with. Plus, if I wanted to, I could record nearly anything with it, not just guitars, and it weighs less than a roll of toilet paper, and easily fits in my rack.

That being said, I have only ever recorded at home, or in a studio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this forum doesn't turn into sevenstring.org or the L6 forum..... God help us if it does!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would it be possible for someone to post some eye candy of the latest and greatest? : )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cliff, send us all an email blast with info to get on the waiting list......& then after everyone's securely in their waiting list position, send Mr. Stratocaster his email........lol

My G*d people ! The man, who never sleeps providing us FREE firmware/Tone updates, answers the prayers most of us have been asking for for years ( an All-in-one fly-rig/ LIVE rig / Tone Monster ), and all you can do is complain about how USB Audio is not included... REALLY !? If you need the USB Audio, there is this thing called the AxeFX II... if you are recording at home, you are most likely going to want something that is racked and has AES Digital Audio out ! USB Audio is not really considered "Pro Audio"... it is a "convenience" audio format for the bedroom studio user.

As far back as I can remember, we made records by going ANALOG into killer mic pre's in our Neve's, SSL's, etc, and recorded to 2" tape... some of those records are STILL what a lot of you gauge your Guitar tone by... not the new metal stuff, maybe... but if you're serious about recording, you're not going to track

The AX-8 was designed to fill a LIVE PERFORMANCE niche... something we can put in a backpack and take on an airline to a show, and KNOW our KILLER tone is going to make it to the show, or to simplify the rig that we bring to the local club...

I, myself, am truly thankful that Mr Chase has put all of his effort, knowledge, and genius into a product where I can take ALL of my KILLER studio-crafted tones out in ONE convenient package !

My AxeFX II can now stay racked in my home studio... if I need to go digital, I'll use the AES Out... but most likely, I'm still going to run ANALOG out, into a pair of Neve's or Focusrites to add just the little extra bit of sweetness and color...

If you want the convenience of USB Audio, just save up a little more and buy the AxeFX II... that way you can free up some of the wait list, and we can buy one ( or 2 )... ;-)

So I'm looking at a past wait list thread for the fx8, and guys who signed up right away in Ocotber didn't get the invite until May of the next year! I won't be able to wait that long for an ax8, as I'll be needing a unit before January or so.

Will the wait be shorter with the ax8?

Will the wait be shorter with the ax8?

I would imagine so.
I believe the FX8 had some quality issues with the chassis due to a new supplier, so that lead to some delays with fabrication. All those issues would be well and truly ironed out for the AX8, so they will be able to pump them out!

Why would anyone want to route a $1400 professional modeler/effects device with expensive DAC through a $99 audio interface with noisy preamps and dirt cheap ADC? Did we wake up in Crazyland?

SPDIF is a great pro option, and also very easy to reliably convert to AES/EBU. If you want to route it through an analog-to-USB interface, do yourself a favor and pick up something transparent that matches the quality, like Antelope, Audient, RME, etc.

I applaud the effort to keep it focused on live guitar applications. Also, where's that waiting list? ;-)

I would imagine so.
I believe the FX8 had some quality issues with the chassis due to a new supplier, so that lead to some delays with fabrication. All those issues would be well and truly ironed out for the AX8, so they will be able to pump them out!

Cliffs post stated that units will be shipping by the end of the month. With any luck I could be using one for a Halloween gig.
Awesome. I could definitely use one end of October/early Novemeber.

Back
Top Bottom