AX-8 10.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to have another beta before I turn in for the night. I've solved most of the AX8-Edit incompatibilities and the volume thing (I think).

These are unique and special products and Fractal is a special company.

We are getting new features (amps) and even better sounds (this release is amazing great) years after our original purchases.

Thanks Cliff and team!

That’s the whole point for this update. New methods/features from the Axe-Fx III modeling are brought to the AX8. Axe3 modeling name is “Ares.”

Yes, but can someone fill in some descriptions of the "New methods/features"......? Thanks.

I have a problem (bug?).
First, Sounds Better! :cool:
Second, I feel it faster at everything (Switching X/Y, amps etc) :rolleyes:
Third: The bug?. I was making a new preset from scratch. I use two amps: Band Commander for the cleans and FAS Modern III for....well, you know: chugga chugga :D
For now it has three scenes, on scene 1 and 2 have the band commander (Y on the amp block) and in the scene 3 Fas Modern III (X on the amp block).
When I switch from scene 2 to 3 it blows! clipping everywhere, I have to load another amp and then comeback to FAS Modern III and everything is normal again.
Here is the incomplete preset I was making, if some wants to try and tell us if the problem it's only me or it's a bug.
Thank you FAS!

Attachments

• Modern FW 10.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
I found one small bug though: when switching amp x/y state via the dedicated footswitch ax8-edit doesn't reflect the change

If I assign an AXY to an IA switch, the amp switches on the AX8, but AX8-Edit does not show the change.
Is this happening to anyone else?
Thanks
(Q9.02 and AX8-Edit 1.8.7 using an iMac.)

Just a little glitch to be aware of... Not a big deal considering the overall awesomeness of this black box.

Yes, but can someone fill in some descriptions of the "New methods/features"......? Thanks.
it's a completely new modeling approach. look in the Axe-Fx III forum for more details. i don't think the specifics were shared.

There are issues with AX8-Edit reporting values due to the new architecture. If you use the hardware the values will report correctly. All the models are working properly and sound correct.
Not for me, I have to change amp models staying in the same X or Y channel in order for the values on the hardware to show up correctly, if I don't or change from X to Y and back the values on the advance pages will mostly go to 0.

I know it's a beta and I'm sure the team is aware but when I'm using the nav knobs to scroll through amps; there's a lag due to the amp model engaging immediately where previously it would allow me to scroll through without immediately engaging an amp. Not a big deal but i haven't seen anyone bring that up.. this thing sounds absolutely incredible .

I am finding levels lower by about 12db on the main preset I use, but sound and definition better as others say. Haven't tried too much else, it's too late to make real noise! :)

Amp levels in digital realm definitely lower by 8 to 10 to 12 db. I compared to Axe III identical presets.

Sounds like Cliff is fixing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom