AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting the issue where my input gate settings stay the same no matter which preset I'm on. Is anyone else experiencing this? Happening both with AX8-Edit or completely disconnected.

EDIT: It appears to only be occurring while changing presets with AX8-Edit, my mistake; will keep testing

Now would be a good time for some apologies....:oops:

In all seriousness, what a company. Led by example and passion.

I tried the first release this afternoon and first impressions were fantastic. Keen to spend more time exploring the new and old models.
I tried the new Friedman amp with my strat and kinman noiseless pickups and the sound was awesome. You can dial in a real ACDC sound with these pickups. Good work Fractal.

Last edited:
thank you Cliff.
Just uploaded: initially my preset had problems, the amp changing X/Y sometime doesn't work and the the Y amp (in my case the clean) was muted. I restart the unit and now is ok.

This should fix most of the AX8-Edit problems and the level difference.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/ax8/10.0/ax8_10p00_beta5.zip

Hi Cliff, there is a big problem now.
If I save my preset and switch power off/on the AX8 it works only with X amp and Y is resetted to 59 Bassguy with all parameter to zero!

If I select a different preset and come back to the initial preset it works again but for some preset the amp X/Y doesn't work anymore.

Now I re-install beta4 and it works.

thanks

Last edited:
please check the scene modifier etc (for the gain control, the boost, ect), if applied to a patch they slow down the change of amps / scenes

Sounds great! Just spent an hour playing around with it.

Oh, sweet lawdy lawd, AC/DC Hell's Bells was awesome with the new Plexi. Try this:

Amp: Plexi 2204
Drive: 5
Bass: 3
Middle: 10
Treble: 5 (to taste)
Master: 10
Cab: 184 4x12 Greenback Mix

(Use the guitar volume to set the right amount of dirt.)

Hi Cliff, there is a big problem now.
If I save my preset and switch power off/on the AX8 it works only with X amp and Y is resetted to 59 Bassguy with all parameter to zero!

If I select a different preset and come back to the initial preset it works again but for some preset the amp X/Y doesn't work anymore.

thanks
Me too, but it worked itself out after a few minutes and preset / scene chances.
Not only does it select bassguy as amp y, but all lights are off on the ax8's section where you adjust the all. TMB, Vol etc. All dark like everything is 0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom