AX-8 10.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, you people are sensitive. The poor chap just wanted to know if any new amp models are included or not. I don‘t think he was meaning to complain.

I can‘t wait to load the beta and install it tomorrow after work. I guess I will have a very, very nice evening. :)
Not sensitive, just weary of nothing ever really being good enough for some.

Most folks are happy to just have a fw10 but of course we will see a few posts asking for such and such feature the III has which the ax8 still doesn’t....

“New amps are great Cliff but where is my Tri-stereo chorus?”

Then if Cliff blows everyone away and provides that new effect it will just be something else “thanks for the chorus Cliff, sounds great, but the III has 4 Channels and that would be nicer than x/y, so how about giving is that too?”

Essentially will never end, but, and most folks do appreciate everything they get, but surely has to be maddening for Cliff sometimes. Like when you buy your kid a smartphone like an iPhone 8 and they say thanks, but I really wanted the X, or you put cable in their bedroom (we had one tv in the house when i grew up lol) and they say thanks for the 300 channels but where is the HBO?

Does it includes the fixes from the 10.01 on the AxeFX or should we expect an 10.01 “more stable” version for the AX8 as well?

By the way, as always, you guys rock!!! :)

Just noticed something: with the new firmware all my presets have a huge drop in volume. Anyone noticed something similar?
the underlying modeling is changed, so yes the Levels may drop or be different. compared to the Axe3, levels are similar if not identical.

i did have to crank my preset levels up more than before, while others didn't. so it probably depends on the amp and specific settings you have.

Well, FAS has spoiled us with their awesome support with FW updates and I am SO thankful, that they have done this from the start of the Axe FX and showed other competitors how things are done!

Remember Line6 and their $$$ updates in the past? 50$ to get few more pedals etc. and no improvement updates in tone apartment. That company has improved their game after those days and I’m 100% sure, that without Fractal Audio people would still have to pay for updates/addons.

FAS support is Luxury and we might sometimes forget how lucky we are to have a products and a company this awesome.

the editor no longer shows the name of the amp used

p.jpeg

Nice!!

Release notes.....
  • AX8 version 10.00 incorporates some of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III.
  • Improved CPU usage in some presets.
  • Improved AX8-Edit communication stability.

Sorry for the ignorant question, but could someone explain the “Ares” modeling?

Sorry for the ignorant question, but could someone explain the “Ares” modeling?
That’s the whole point for this update. New methods/features from the Axe-Fx III modeling are brought to the AX8. Axe3 modeling name is “Ares.”

I’m home late today. I’m going to run the gauntlet and update tonite. I have two days to prepare AX8 for my 1st original set in 4 years this Sunday. One last rehearsal, a work meeting and a weekend away with solo gigs Fri/Sat, before the gig.
Really looking forward to it!!!
Thanx FAS.

I just adjusted the volume on all my presets and played a lot around. Not sure if its my imagination, but the x/y-ampswitching speed seems to be really improved by a lot and it sounds overall fantastic!
Can't wait to test it with my new FRFR in the rehearsal room ...

WOW, this really sounds great....absolutely captures the wonderful Ares clarity, the Fenders are scrumptious, voxes chimier, Friedman 2018 deserves its own nasty sexual/scatological nickname....THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom