Atomic CLR ... Waiting No More!

Couldn't even begin. At some point today I'll try to compare the volume with my '69 Twin, just to see how far into the "abusively loud" spectrum I can push it.
Ok, so now I have both the Xitone powered wedge and the Atomic CLR Neo MKII in hand. After switching back and forth between both between them through my favorite presets, my initial impression is that the Atomic has more of a studio monitor feel, and the Xitone feels more like a cab. They're both great. The CLR wins on clarity, and the Xitone wins on 'thump'. The hype for both is well-justified. I'm going to play through both for a few weeks and then make a decision about which one to keep.
Thanks for the report!

Ok, so now I have both the Xitone powered wedge and the Atomic CLR Neo MKII in hand. After switching back and forth between both between them through my favorite presets, my initial impression is that the Atomic has more of a studio monitor feel, and the Xitone feels more like a cab. They're both great. The CLR wins on clarity, and the Xitone wins on 'thump'. The hype for both is well-justified. I'm going to play through both for a few weeks and then make a decision about which one to keep.
That’s a fair and honest initial impression and one I share. Xitone has a construction that emulates growl or thump of a small cab, but that also disturbs the true FRFR. CLR is like a huge monitor , simple and done -which is why I’ve been an atomic user and fan since 2013.

as far as volume, I think, and I could be wrong, but theCLR and Xitone are 500w and 400w respectively so it might be close to half if not full stack[?]

Got my CLR yesterday. Paired up with an ASC-12, it makes a great stereo rig. IMO they complement each other well for my use. The claRity of the CLR and bottom end/mid scoop on th ASC-12 are sounding great to me right now. May get another CLR down the road just for kicks though. Also, I haven't noticed either to be lacking in the volume dept....got as loud as my 100 watt Marshall into a 2x12 cab with plenty of headroom left.

That’s a fair and honest initial impression and one I share. Xitone has a construction that emulates growl or thump of a small cab, but that also disturbs the true FRFR. CLR is like a huge monitor , simple and done -which is why I’ve been an atomic user and fan since 2013.

Yeah, I ordered a second CLR. I've had an ASC-10 for about a year now and was looking for something more like my studio monitors.

So it came yesterday.....all I can say is, I get it now. I think the thing that surprised me the most is how the CLR sounds basically the same from almost anywhere in front of it. It made me realize just how beamy my previous setup was.

I'm coming to the Axe3 from Helix/PowerCab, and it sounded really good. But the Fractal, especially through the CLR, is another level. The richness and detail in the tone I'm getting from the AC20 pushed with the KoT just doesn't exist in Helix.

So it came yesterday.....all I can say is, I get it now. I think the thing that surprised me the most is how the CLR sounds basically the same from almost anywhere in front of it. It made me realize just how beamy my previous setup was.

I'm coming to the Axe3 from Helix/PowerCab, and it sounded really good. But the Fractal, especially through the CLR, is another level. The richness and detail in the tone I'm getting from the AC20 pushed with the KoT just doesn't exist in Helix.

Good to know. I am on the waitlist for a CLR and currently use a L6 PowerCab. It sounds OK (will be great to A/B with the CLR) but is extremely directional.

FYI I signed up on the waitlist 5 days ago. Got an invite today with a coupon code for 999$ per piece. I ordered 2 of them. Hope I’ll like them with FM3 that just arrived today, and hopefully I’ll sell my Mesa Dual Rec half stack, cause I won’t need it any more. 🤗🤘🏻

FYI I signed up on the waitlist 5 days ago. Got an invite today with a coupon code for 999$ per piece. I ordered 2 of them. Hope I’ll like them with FM3 that just arrived today, and hopefully I’ll sell my Mesa Dual Rec half stack, cause I won’t need it any more. 🤗🤘🏻

Damn. Wonder what happened to my invite . . .

Best cab/monitor on the planet (FRFR for axe 3)l i still am impressed

ill forget to turn off monitors or pan right and left, and when i hear that CLR underneath as I’m playing back, i think its my Adam A7 monitors, thats how good the atomic clr sounds....its pure FRFR

Back
Top Bottom