Atomic CLR ... Waiting No More!

CraigP

Inspired
I just wish that slow boat from "China" would get here and deliver some new product. Currently using a Friedman ASC-12 but would like to see if a CLR is as good as advertised. Is it all that and worth the wait? Or, am I going to be splitting hairs with the differences?

** Currently waiting for delivery ** ;)

Last edited:
As long as that boat isn't filled with Coronavirus o_O:eek:

Gotta be old threads with comparisons. Search?

I've never heard the Friedman, but my CLR is still the best overall FR box I've heard for this purpose. Really can't go wrong.

That said, it wasn't a radical game-changing revelation stepping up to CLR from the QSC or EV PA boxes I was using prior. Distinct improvement but it didn't rock my world, and in the end I still like real guitar cabs even more.

Lots of threads on this, but the general consensus seems to be that the Friedman has more of a cab-like feel and the CLR is more 'FRFR'.

Tom from Atomic posted here last Friday and said invitations would be going out in less than a week. I guess it technically hasn't been a full week yet.

I have an ASC-10 and have been wanting something different, so I put in an order for a Xitone a couple of weeks ago. I had thought that I might order a CLR as well if I got an invitation, but now I'm starting to think I might wait and see how the CLR fulfillment goes before I pull the trigger.

I just got my Xitone this week. Love it so far. Mick and I are still tweaking some stuff because I'm picky but luckily he's local to me so that helps. Also Mick lets you customize your cabs however you like and they're also super rugged.

No, I'm not biased at all. :innocent:

Many factories in China are closed. The ones that remain open will run out of parts in the near future and will be forced to close due to a lack of supply. This could be the first domino in the next economic downturn. Rumor is Bed bath & Beyond will lay off 600 workers this Friday.

Many factories in China are closed. The ones that remain open will run out of parts in the near future and will be forced to close due to a lack of supply. This could be the first domino in the next economic downturn. Rumor is Bed bath & Beyond will lay off 600 workers this Friday.
BBB thing has been a long time coming... They have been predicting closing stores, filing BK for the last few years...

I get it that this is happening, but it really doesn’t have much to do with Atomic’s inability historically to have a steady stock of CLRs available for purchase.

I get it that this is happening, but it really doesn’t have much to do with Atomic’s inability historically to have a steady stock of CLRs available for purchase.

That is a whole another issue.

f8098b479c38f0bedbfb7ce33c73d285.jpg

I just wish that slow boat from "China" would get here and deliver some new product. Currently using a Friedman ASC-12 but would like to see if a CLR is as good as advertised. Is it all that and worth the wait? Or, am I going to be splitting hairs with the differences?
ImHO it is the best you can get (def in that range) so if ur Lucky enough to get the $100 coupon for 1000 shipped, id take it

So there is a waiting list for Atomic CLR's too? Approximate wait time?
Yes. There is a list but we just received a large shipment and expect to be through the rest of the list within a week. The other thing is that because of new tariffs and inflation, the price is going up to $1099 after we're done fulfilling the list. The good news on that is we're honoring the original $999 price as a "thank you" to the people who've been waiting a long time. This includes people that sign up for the list all the way up to us restocking the our store and selling from inventory. If you're interested taking advantage of the $100 savings, you can sign up for the list by going to the CLR MKII NEO listing on Atomic's webstore.

I just got my Xitone this week. Love it so far. Mick and I are still tweaking some stuff because I'm picky but luckily he's local to me so that helps. Also Mick lets you customize your cabs however you like and they're also super rugged.

No, I'm not biased at all. :innocent:
I second the Xitone. Amazing Cab and Mick is awesome to deal with. I did not like the CLR nor Tom King's lack of response to emails. I'm not the only one either. The CLR was very super shrill and had no balls. Also I have heard of them dying more than I would like to hear.

Tom King has always been responsive to my emails and extremely helpful on any questions or issues. My CLR shipped today. It will be great to have a stereo pair!!
Glad I had the Patience to wait for the best product.

I mailed the module out of my CLR to have it repaired and haven't heard anything back. I have a gig coming up and I hope I don't have the same experience as someone else on here that said they had theirs for months.

Well shux.....there goes another chunk of my kids' inheritance.

Got email and just placed my order. Looking forward to hearing it next to my ASC-12....

Now, I have to rearrange some furniture ;)

I second the Xitone. Amazing Cab and Mick is awesome to deal with. I did not like the CLR nor Tom King's lack of response to emails. I'm not the only one either. The CLR was very super shrill and had no balls. Also I have heard of them dying more than I would like to hear.
They are both excellent top knotch, but as with most things, one is an “almost as good as the other” type, while The others who compare the Amps know which is the other one . having both, CLR has never made me second guess or question my purchase

CLR is known - well known, for this specifically and as the paragon for good reason

Back
Top Bottom