Atomic CLR ... Waiting No More!

Well after UPS almost impaled my CLR and then apparently misplaced it in my local facility (ofc), it was delivered at 8pm last night

I just unplugged and let me tell you: this is the most amazing amp/cab you can get for the Axe 3 - seriously man, its like I cant beleive HOW LIGHT the NEO II is, but its actually significantly lighter than ANYTHING else ive handled, Xitone included [which is actually quite dense] - but the Clarity is better than I even recall the Mk I being. I love Mick and Xitone, and he’s very competitive in terms of what he’s offering for an FRFR, and his design is novel and sturdy, and it does feel like a cab, admittedly with a little flavor in tone of its own, but man, I really think TRUE FRFR solution is indeed the old (and now new ) CLR MK II. especially if you’re disabled, or mobility limited, it is a really relief to not worry about ”the lug.”

Truly unbelievable work, and I absolutely love the metal minimalist aesthetics , steel grille in matte black - just completely completes my Fractal audio Rig.....

I cant recommend Atomic more highly, it literally sounds like one of my Adam A7 nearfield monitors but gigantisized and amplified.

It’s hard to agree on monitors as the best, hard to agree on which pedal/midi controller is best, but as far as amp/cab category for mono/superloud/PA type amplification - this is it if you have/want to shell out the loot. Stellar 10/10 A+ 5star perfection as far as I’m concerned, THE one essential cab/amp/monitor for an axe 3 rig IMO

Sorry, I should have said 'ordered' instead of 'inbound'. Neither one has shipped yet AFAIK. Mick originally said three weeks but got backed up due to the flu. I ordered the CLR on the 3rd but it hasn't shipped yet. I'll definitely post an update once I've got both.
The “flu”?????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kiddin

Feel better Mick!

Added myself to the waitlist for the CLR last Friday. Hoping to see significant benefits over the Line 6 PowerCab that I'm using now (which is incredibly directional).

I’ve got one of each and have been using them for the past 6 months or so. I like them both, but the CLR sounds magnificent, has a wider angle and presets made on that translate very well into other systems.

I’ve got one of each and have been using them for the past 6 months or so. I like them both, but the CLR sounds magnificent, has a wider angle and presets made on that translate very well into other systems.

What do you like about the Xitone?

What do you like about the Xitone?
It is pretty rugged for use/abuse on the road, whereas the CLR tends to get nicks and gashes all over. For on-stage monitoring, it does the job pretty well, but I like the CLR better for its more detailed highs and lows. With a drummer or bass player on stage next to you though, the differences in sound are not really apparent to me.

I’m usually building presets with the CLR and gigging with the Xitone.

It is very tough to compare these. There are so many variables: Speaker sensitivity, dispersion, frequency response, comb filtering (in the case of multiple speakers), standing waves in the room etc. Our band uses these as FOH and I use one for my personal monitor. It gets loud, but it is a different thing than a 4-12. Where are you located in Michigan?

It is very tough to compare these. There are so many variables: Speaker sensitivity, dispersion, frequency response, comb filtering (in the case of multiple speakers), standing waves in the room etc. Our band uses these as FOH and I use one for my personal monitor. It gets loud, but it is a different thing than a 4-12. Where are you located in Michigan?

Fowlerville

Ok, so now I have both the Xitone powered wedge and the Atomic CLR Neo MKII in hand. After switching back and forth between both between them through my favorite presets, my initial impression is that the Atomic has more of a studio monitor feel, and the Xitone feels more like a cab. They're both great. The CLR wins on clarity, and the Xitone wins on 'thump'. The hype for both is well-justified. I'm going to play through both for a few weeks and then make a decision about which one to keep.

Back
Top Bottom