Atomic CLR Neo MK2 vs Friedman ASM-10?

As someone else said previously, you asked the Forum for, and we gave you, our experiences and opinions but, despite our negative feedback and concerns, you seem determined to buy the Atomic. So, buy it. Hopefully, you won't have to wait 6 to 12 monrths to get one; it won't break on you; and you'll be happy. Best ...

People's complaints were from the past so I just wanted a fresh take on it given their website says what it does!

Also not everyone has complained about the CLRs so I take it with a pinch of salt when people do! I've also heard people moan about Xitone which most people are saying has excellent support! It never hearts to ask :) Things change ;)

Honestly, @Truthe_Yashikawa , you’re starting to spam many different threads with your requests for opinions from people. Why not start your own, single thread to stick to, and put a poll in it with the DXR10, the PXM-12SMP, the CLR, and whatever else you feel like in there, then you can tally votes and go try out the top 3 or something?
This...
So you‘ve got many many opinions from different users of different speakers, now it’s up to you to try them out as I mentioned in another thread.
It does make no sense to write and post in near every kind of thread about speakers when you are not going to try them out.
And this...
TBH I've only heard a few people with problems with the Atomic, most I've read had no problem. Also their support team says this

That's why I think they are better now!
Please don't post in every old FRFR thread on this forum. You've been given good advice many times over and you still persist.

If you want a CLR... Start waiting or try to find a used one. They have been out of stock for probably a year, and the last time they had there were very few after a previous wait of a year. That's about 2 years of no new stock.

Their support is pretty much non-existent for some time now based on what I keep reading.

Just because they wrote on the website that they respond in some amount of time doesn't mean anything. Most likely those words have been there for years.

Also: "don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln

Coaxial is crucial for guitar signals if you are so close to the speaker system. A separate 2-way system always has some phasing issues especially if the two speakers are aligned horizontally like they are in most monitor wedges. (If you move your head from left to right in front of a nearby wedge you will here strong phasing in your guitar signal, I find that very distracting)

PA systems are not affected by this problem so much because of the larger distance between the speaker system and listeners (key is the distance between the speakers in relation to the distance between the speaker system and the listener), many of them are coaxial as well, but at least the speakers are aligned vertically so the effect is minimized if you move from the left side of the speaker to the right.

That's also the reason why you should position your studio monitors -actually any 2 or 3 way speakers - so that the speakers are aligned vertically.
FIR tunings drastically reduces this.

Yamaha, EV, and many others offer FIR tunings on many of their 2 way boxes which compensate for this.

Honestly, @Truthe_Yashikawa , you’re starting to spam many different threads with your requests for opinions from people. Why not start your own, single thread to stick to, and put a poll in it with the DXR10, the PXM-12SMP, the CLR, and whatever else you feel like in there, then you can tally votes and go try out the top 3 or something?
To his credit, there's many folks on here that would instead of accusing him of spamming multiple threads, tell him to use the search function.

Yea and I've had 3 people already give me the same post IN SUCCESSION that you did just now....like I've said, I'm simply trying to get as much info as I can...which at the moment I do have!

I'm not ignoring what people are saying, like I already said different people have said different things and I'm simply trying to get to the "truth of it"! *Sigh

Yea and I've had 3 people already give me the same post IN SUCCESSION that you did just now....like I've said, I'm simply trying to get as much info as I can...which at the moment I do have!

I'm not ignoring what people are saying, like I already said different people have said different things and I'm simply trying to get to the "truth of it"! *Sigh
And this is what we are trying to tell you.
There is no truth, there is no best speaker. The truth is, you have to go out anf try them to find that speaker that fits what you need.

I've been using a CLR since Scottt Peterson first posted about it and haven't looked back. That being said, the only way for you to truly know which will suit you better would be to try your rig through both setups.

I've been using a CLR since Scottt Peterson first posted about it and haven't looked back. That being said, the only way for you to truly know which will suit you better would be to try your rig through both setups.
Totally agree...the CLR is one of the ones I will give my time to testing...

Most of the forum's I've read were from flippin 10+ years ago and so I was really keen to see what was popular now days. CLR is one of the biggies that has stood the test of time! I am most impressed!

Totally agree...the CLR is one of the ones I will give my time to testing...

Most of the forum's I've read were from flippin 10+ years ago and so I was really keen to see what was popular now days. CLR is one of the biggies that has stood the test of time! I am most impressed!
Yeah and that’s why for example Metallica does use non coaxial Wedges from Meyer Sound with their Axe FX.
Sorry I‘m doing this for 25 years in a lot of studios, you can’t judge/rate a speaker by its specs, so I‘m out.

You should probably try some before you do that...
He won’t, he is just resistant to anything, he just want to read the sentence:“ Buy the (insert the Product that the OP will hear) and you are getting the best one!“
But that will never happen.
I can only guess but he is one of the people who are never gonna get happy, because he will always buy what everybody need and not what he really need.

Back
Top Bottom