Atomic CLR Neo MK2 vs Friedman ASM-10?

Nothing is like a loud tube amp and 412 cab. Everyone knows that including me. I guess I came across wrong. The 2 cabs together push some decent air. It's not like a 412 but different. I really don't need that because we are running to FOH. I'm used to hearing myself in monitors so the tone I get is what I'm used to.

If I wanted that, I would use a head and cab. No thanks these days. I'm not moving 100 lbs of gear anymore. My back is not what it used to be and I'm not getting any younger. I want a consistent sound so this is why I use what I use.

Mine aren't dark at all at home on a low setting. We all hear things differently, so no worries at all.

All good, enjoy have fun and use what works for you. All the best!

👍 :)
Couldn't agree more... It's like I've been saying all along... These are all tools to have in the arsenal. Different tools for different situations.
The convenience and consistency of a modeler and an FRFR is tough to beat. But at the same time... there's nothing like the satisfaction of a real amp and cab.

Good times! Great time to be a player and have lots of options.
:cool:

Couldn't agree more... It's like I've been saying all along... These are all tools to have in the arsenal. Different tools for different situations.
The convenience and consistency of a modeler and an FRFR is tough to beat. But at the same time... there's nothing like the satisfaction of a real amp and cab.

Good times! Great time to be a player and have lots of options.
:cool:

Trust me Bud...the GAS for a tube amp is always present. It's been hitting me lately as well!

If you had to choose between Atomic CLR, RCF NX12-SMA or EV ETX 12 for giging, practice, home use etc. run through a modelling unit, which would you pick and why?

CLR and RCF sound great from what I've heard but the EV has more onboard options with DSP and something tells me it's more FRFR than the others! But hey I'm not sure!

Thanks.

The CLR also has a build in DSP to flatten out its response in certain use cases (wedge, backfill, stand) and they do a great job. The Atomic also has a coaxial system to minimize phasing issues, that's a huge advantage. Just my 2 cent

What tells you that?
This guy went from his QSC10.2 to a EV ETX 12...but after reading a little more it seems that Coaxial is better than 2-way for this kind of application! Am I wrong?

Interesting thing is are the PA systems in large places like coaxial also or more like a 2-way! Input please!

Thanks

This guy went from his QSC10.2 to a EV ETX 12...but after reading a little more it seems that Coaxial is better than 2-way for this kind of application! Am I wrong?

Interesting thing is are the PA systems in large places like coaxial also or more like a 2-way! Input please!

Thanks
Coaxial is crucial for guitar signals if you are so close to the speaker system. A separate 2-way system always has some phasing issues especially if the two speakers are aligned horizontally like they are in most monitor wedges. (If you move your head from left to right in front of a nearby wedge you will here strong phasing in your guitar signal, I find that very distracting)

PA systems are not affected by this problem so much because of the larger distance between the speaker system and listeners (key is the distance between the speakers in relation to the distance between the speaker system and the listener), many of them are coaxial as well, but at least the speakers are aligned vertically so the effect is minimized if you move from the left side of the speaker to the right.

That's also the reason why you should position your studio monitors -actually any 2 or 3 way speakers - so that the speakers are aligned vertically.

Ah, I get it now. The problem is that you’re trying to judge speakers by reading articles and reviews. Coaxial speakers offer certain advantages, but I’ll take a good side-by-side speaker over a bad coaxial speaker any day. You can’t just say, “Speaker X has a certain design feature, so it’s automatically better than speakers that don’t have that feature.”

Ah, I get it now. The problem is that you’re trying to judge speakers by reading articles and reviews. Coaxial speakers offer certain advantages, but I’ll take a good side-by-side speaker over a bad coaxial speaker any day. You can’t just say, “Speaker X has a certain design feature, so it’s automatically better than speakers that don’t have that feature.”
This is very true, but in terms of an Atomic CLR vs say JBL SRX812 which would you go for? Atomics are £820 whereas JBL are £1099. I'm basically lookin for a FRFR for my guitar modeller with a budget of £1400! Read a lot of stuff buy a lot of people who REALLY do know their science and they all say CLRs all the way!

This is very true, but in terms of an Atomic CLR vs say JBL SRX812 which would you go for? Atomics are £820 whereas JBL are £1099. I'm basically lookin for a FRFR for my guitar modeller with a budget of £1400! Read a lot of stuff buy a lot of people who REALLY do know their science and they all say CLRs all the way!
I’ve never heard the JBL, so I have no opinion on which is better.

Honestly, @Truthe_Yashikawa , you’re starting to spam many different threads with your requests for opinions from people. Why not start your own, single thread to stick to, and put a poll in it with the DXR10, the PXM-12SMP, the CLR, and whatever else you feel like in there, then you can tally votes and go try out the top 3 or something?

I know this question has been asked a lot but I still need help. I gave up my Hesu 2x12 with 50Watts Valve Amp and need a FRFR solution for my AX8 for rehearsal and live usage (mostly smaller clubs).

As I am in my mid 40s the lower the weight the better ;-) - so I narrowed it down to Atomic CLR Neo MK2 or the Friedman ASM-10. Both are available in Europe (Friedman at Thomann and the CLR at Andertons.uk) both have the same price, both get very good comments and reviews.

Most of the time I use high gain metal tones, Friedman BE/CE and Boogie 2c+ with a clean mid boost. Currently I dial in my tones with my Adam A7x at a decent volume and it would be great to have a monitor that translates those presets well - and allow fine tuning at high volumes at rehearsals so that the sound later translates good to FOH. I tend to get the CLR as it is coax, more lightweight and more flat than the Friedman (according to reviews and postings from the forum) - but there are many who love the "amp in the room" feeling of the Friedman.

Any thoughts?
I suggest that you avoid the Atomic CLRs. They sound good but they are not reliable. Many (myself included), have had their CLR NEO MK2s die after a couple of years. It takes months to get them repaired. HTH

I suggest that you avoid the Atomic CLRs. They sound good but they are not reliable. Many (myself included), have had their CLR NEO MK2s die after a couple of years. It takes months to get them repaired. HTH
I wonder if their support is still bad in 2022....I'm probably going to go for the CLR but if not RCF NX12SMA should do just fine! I've considered the Xitone also but I think the RCFs more for me!

I wonder if their support is still bad in 2022....I'm probably going to go for the CLR but if not RCF NX12SMA should do just fine! I've considered the Xitone also but I think the RCFs more for me!
You've seen recent reports in your other threads about CLRs dying after a few years and support taking many months or stalling out completely. So much of that, I personally wouldn't consider buying them. Great product when they're working, but they have reliability issues, and customer service is a black hole, for whatever reason.

You've heard this a lot. If you're not convinced, roll the dice. But I don't know why you bothered asking for people's experiences if you're just going to ignore what they say.

So you‘ve got many many opinions from different users of different speakers, now it’s up to you to try them out as I mentioned in another thread.
It does make no sense to write and post in near every kind of thread about speakers when you are not going to try them out.

Why would it improve? And, yes, they're still out of stock ...

TBH I've only heard a few people with problems with the Atomic, most I've read had no problem. Also their support team says this

Emails to support will receive an immediate reply from our ticket-based system and will be logged with a case number. A more detailed reply will be sent within 24 hours (usually inside of a few hours) to address your question or issue. Cases that can’t be resolved quickly or adequately via email will be referred to schedule a support phone call.
That's why I think they are better now!

TBH I've only heard a few people with problems with the Atomic, most I've read had no problem. Also their support team says this

That's why I think they are better now!
As someone else said previously, you asked the Forum for, and we gave you, our experiences and opinions but, despite our negative feedback and concerns, you seem determined to buy the Atomic. So, buy it. Hopefully, you won't have to wait 6 to 12 monrths to get one; it won't break on you; and you'll be happy. Best ...

Back
Top Bottom