Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

Order #4, Active Wedge. Super excited. I currently have the RCF. I also have a K12, K10, and FBT. I'll try to give some thoughts on all of them when I get a chance.

Is there a video somewhere of someone playing / reviewing one of these with the AF2?

Last edited:
Question For Bass Players:

The CLR frequency response starts dropping of at around 70Hz and drops by 20db from 70 Hz down to 40 Hz. That would be a drop in perceived "loudness" of 4x over the first octave of the low E string on a bass. Do you guys think that would be a show stopper for using the CLR with bass or is it something that could be compensated for with a EQ boost in a bass preset. I know that Jay Mitchell has said he played his bass through the CLR and it sounded great and that probably is the best test but I was just curious about what bass players thought of that drop in perceived loudness on the low E.

Question For Bass Players:

The CLR frequency response starts dropping of at around 70Hz and drops by 20db from 70 Hz down to 40 Hz. That would be a drop in perceived "loudness" of 4x over the first octave of the low E string on a bass. Do you guys think that would be a show stopper for using the CLR with bass or is it something that could be compensated for with a EQ boost in a bass preset. I know that Jay Mitchell has said he played his bass through the CLR and it sounded great and that probably is the best test but I was just curious about what bass players thought of that drop in perceived loudness on the low E.
Hi Quark, Although the CLR was not developed with bass guitar use as a priority it is as suitable for bass as any speaker of its size can be. The CLR has as much low frequency response as most speakers that are claiming 40 Hz performance.

-TK

The CLR frequency response starts dropping of at around 70Hz and drops by 20db from 70 Hz down to 40 Hz. That would be a drop in perceived "loudness" of 4x over the first octave of the low E string on a bass.
That would be a much smaller drop in perceived loudness. Even on that low E, more than half of the string's energy is in the harmonics, which means 80 Hz and above, where the speaker's response is essentially flat. Even made-for-bass cabs have significant dropoff at 40 Hz.

Hmmm wonder why I didn't get an email. I emailed my reserve request Dec. 3 when they made the announcement. Guess I'll wait and see....

Is there any way to find out if I will get one of the first wave Atomic received? I got on the list on the ninth. Or will this work the way the Fractal waiting list worked? I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Hmmm wonder why I didn't get an email. I emailed my reserve request Dec. 3 when they made the announcement. Guess I'll wait and see....

Just email Tom again.
I emailed him on 3 dec too and he replied on the 4th. My email went straight to his spam folder. So he might have missed yours.

http://www.atomicamps.com/images/ATOMIC-MANUAL-1.3.pdf

I cannot tell from the limited photos if/where the carrying handle is for the ACLR-AW ACTIVE WEDGE.
Maybe someone who has one could take a quick photo?

The one thing that I dislike about the RCF NX 12-SMA is that the carrying handle is located on the
control panel which exposes the control panel to the elements even when it is in its padded carry case.

Back
Top Bottom